Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Goldbug gets me silver.

digsgti

TROLL
Found this 1899 Barber Dime using my Goldbug Pro with 5 inch coil. It was about 5 inches down and gave me soft but very repeatable hits. VDI was a deadlock silver dime reading. Ive swung over this dime with larger coils a bunch of times missing it. I'm loving the Goldbug Pro.:super:

Congrats on the find!---The GB & G2 can find the silver.-----Was that Barber found in a trashy area & what were your settings?

I was out hunting yesterday with my GB Pro with several other people and I hunted this dirt area after an Ace 250, after an AT Pro, and after an V3i had been through there.

I was amazed at what I pulled that they all left behind. Bits of jewelry, a gold earring (open), and a pristine condition "must have just been dropped" Christmas tree pin about 2.5 inches high (costume).

Never hesitate to take your GB Pro in area that has already been hunted by other detectors.

My settings were disc mode at 36 with full gain. I checked around the hit before I dug and there was iron tones on two sides of it a little less than a coil width away. Really have to listen for those soft hits. Wish the audio was a little less modulated. I Don't recommend using cheap headphones with this machine. Vdi was low-mid 80's every pass.

I also dug the very tip of a bayonet scabbard (looks like a pistol ball) and some better than button sized brass pieces at a small pounded confederate civil war camp site. They were all around 3 inches with the 11 inch coil and gave solid Id's.

The Gold Bug is a fun machine to use.

Show us the scabbard tip.

Yes a great detector, totally underestimated detector