Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GOLDBUG on the beach?

sultan

Hi all you GOLDBUG users and experts
I am from Switzerland and i would like to buy a FISHER GOLDBUG DP. My favourite hunting area would be the beaches in northern part of Germany (north sea islands). Now i am using a WHITES PRIZM 6T which does the job very well, also on the salty wet sand. I was able to compare it to my friends MINELAB SAFARI which runs much guiter on even the most difficult beach condition. At the transition from dry to wet, my WHITES begins to make wrong signals. Not so the safari: It keeps silent as if nothing could bother it. This is very impressive for me and if the SAFARI would be better balanced I would buy one. Since i am having problems with my shoulder (Too many hours of hunting....) I must buy another lighter detector and my eye fell on the GOLDBUG. It is more or less not sensitive to EMI and I prefer the higher frequence.
Is it a good idea to replace my WHITES PRIZM 6T with the GOLDBUG if I must have a machine that runs very well on wet salty areas? Does the groundbalance of the GOLDBUG can handle this conditions well? I love my WHITES but all the money I found wants to be reinvested.....
I look forward to your answers!
Keep finding all the good stuff!
Greetings from Switzerland
Christian

Fisher CZ-3D......CZ-70 Pro......CZ-7a Pro.....CZ-21.....are all multi-frequency units, can all be chest mounted and are better for ocean beach work than the Gold-Bug Pro DP.

ivanll

Greetings, Christian! I have never hunted my Gold Bug DP on wet salt sand, so I can't comment. I know some have, with some success, but I'm not sure it's the BEST unit, for that job. Dry sand, absolutely; and you are right, it's great with EMI and very, very lightweight. Hopefully some others chime in here with info on how the Bug will do in wet sand...

Steve

Multifreakers ignore salt, but in the process they lose sensitivity to small jewelry.

In general, with singlefreakers, the higher the frequency, more sensitivity to small jewelry but more interference from wet salt.

That having been said, there's a lot more to it than just the operating frequency. There's the question of how a singlefreaker does ground balancing and how it distinguishes ground noise from target signal.

The GB/G2 machines ground balance all the way to wet salt, and the ground balance transfers to discrimination mode. In addition to that, we did a lot of tricks in software to distinguish ground noise from target signal. The result is that the GB/G2 has an excellent reputation (based on actual user reports on forums) for doing a good job on saltwater beaches including in the wet stuff.

This doesn't mean that it acts like a multifrequency machine. It is more prone to interference from wet salt than a multifreaker, but will detect small jewelry that a multifreaker will go right over the top of, and not see.

--Dave J.

Hi Dave J.
Could you elaborate as to the GB/G2's performance on magnetite laced and classified salt water beaches? Those are the conditions below the surfline in California and elsewhere too. Thanks

Heavy magnetite sand below the surf line is obviously tough conditions, plus, on West Coast beaches if a wave doesn't catch you the salt spray will. If you want it to be an underwater PI, it ain't. But I suppose a few people will pretend it is simply because a GB/G2 is what they've got and they happen to be at the beach.

--Dave J.

Thanks for the response Dave J.
The gold and silver coins that become easily accessible are for the most part below the surf line and they search that area during low tide events. That

My CZ-20 gets ear studs like the one in the picture be it gold or silver, when ocean water hunting that's kind of small enough for me.

PC275615_600.jpg

ivanll