Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Golden Sabre Plus Help

wyobuck

Can anyone give me some info ont the Golden Sabre Plus? I recently aquired one that is like new and seems to work very well, although I haven't really used it that much. I am moving west and wondering how it will fair in the gold fields out there. I did have a Diablo Gold Demon once that really performed well out there but just bought it for the vacation and passed it along. Was this a gold machine when introduced? Thanks

The Golden Sabre Plus was mainly a coin and ring machine with a notch to get rid of tabs if I remember correctly it had factory set ground balance ,but if the ground is not to bad you could still probably hunt in all metal an find a few bigger nuggets I think it operated about 15 or 17 khz that should help with the gold.but its not going to be as good as your Diablo was!

made from 3/'89 to 2/'92, and operates at 15 kHz. As 'pulltaber' mentioned, it has a factory preset Ground Balance so it is not going to be the best pick for gold nugget hunting. For peak performance in mineralized ground when going after gold nuggets, most of which are small to tiny, you need to hunt in an All Metal mode, that is Threshold based, and has a manual Ground Balance or an automated Ground Balance for peak adjustment to deal with the ground. Your Golden Sabre Plus does have the two-tone Notch Disc. function, and that model was designed primarily for Coin Hunters.

The standard coil at first was the white-colored 8" open-center Concentric coil, and if that's what you have, I envy you. Most of the earlier white colored 8" coils seemed to match or better the depth and performance of the brown 8" coils that replaced it. Those where also a little heavier than the white coils.

Monte

Thanks Monte & Pulltaber, you guys know your Tesoro's, unfortunately I have the brown coil. Oh well I guess I will put it up for sale and put the $$ towards a Fors Gold. Thanks again.

The Golden Sabre Plus was, and still is, a good Coin Hunting detector. But why a Fors Gold? Quite a change from the Golden Sabre Plus, so what uses, plural, would you have for it, and in what types of settings?

I/we don't know much about you or your hunting habits, types of detecting you like to do, and you've now only posted 44 times since you registered 5 years ago. Fill us in on what you're usually searching for and the types of ground mineral and target make-up you plan to deal with.

I know I have always hunted a variety of sites, and I use different models to learn what works best for me, and I have my regular-use detector battery that rides in my vehicle 24/7, ready to be put to work. They were made in the USA by Tesoro and White's, and not some foreign-manufacturer and I can rely on excellent service. Better still, I seldom have failures afield with these brands, which I have owned and used since the summer of '68 [size=small](White's)[/size] and the summer of '83 [size=small](Tesoro)[/size].

I'd like to know how the Nokta brand has held up, or will hold up, after 46+ and 31+ years ... simply because I haven't a clue about their durability, their warranty and service provided.

:usaflag:

Monte

Hello all... Nokta Detectors here. My name is Dilek and I am the Sales & Marketing Manager at Nokta Detectors. After seeing this post, I wanted to say a few words about us for those who are not very familiar with our company or products. Nokta Detectors has been manufacturing metal detectors since 2001 and hopefully will be around as long as there is a demand for metal detectors in the world. We respect all competitors, especially those who have been around much longer than us. Customer is the starting point to everything we do in business. We try our best to respond to all questions and feedbacks about our company or products. Of course we cannot reach every single person in the world who is using a detector but we do our best as we come across them. Nokta Detectors is known for its superb customer service. You can make a quick search on this forum or others to see users’ comments on how we handle before & after sales customer requests. I am just quoting one of the many comments on our service: ‘’ …. Also, I was reading on this forum what a good after sales service Nokta provide. As someone else remarked, that's something some the other manufacturers and dealers need to take note of’’. In addition, we are in the process to set up a repair / replacement center with our reseller Kellyco in Florida especially for the FORS product line. Should you have any more questions regarding our company or products you can always reach me directly at dilek@noktadetectors.com as well. Thank you and no matter what brand detector you are using, good luck to you all!