Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Golden uMax and Outlaw combo?

While I am really enjoying my golden uMax, and cannot wait for all the snow to melt and the weather to get nice again, here in eastern Ohio, I have been thinking about getting the Outlaw to compliment the GU. The Outlaw has that ground balance in the disc mode and the no motion all metal mode that intrigues me. I was wondering about the depth capability difference between the two machines, especially with the disc mode set up close to nickels?

I am not looking for MONSTER depth, just something a few inches deeper than the golden. Does the Outlaw hold its depth in disc? The reason why the Outlaw looks so attractive for me is that it is another micro max machine, and that three coil package would be nice to swap coils with the GU as well.

Your thoughts gents would be appreciated, especially from the guys who have owned or used both machines.

Hi Hosilver...

The Outlaw will be deeper, it has manual ground balance and can use any Epsilon (5 pin) coils because of this.

As far as swapping coils with the Golden µMax, you may run into some problems because it lacks manual ground balance.

I had the older version of the Golden and it did not fit into my hunting style, too many tones and blended tones in trashy old sites I hunt.

The Outlaw is one of my favorite new model Tesoros, reminds me of the old Bandido that I have.

The Outlaw works great for me on The Sports fields, Tot Lot, Type Hunting. The Outlaw paid for it self the first month in jewelry finds alone

not counting all the clad I have found with it. Love The Dead on Pinpointing a must have for the sports field Hunting.

Now If your looking for a Monster Depth machine, you might look at the vaquero Or Tejon as they have the High gain output Circuits for The few more inch's in added Depth.

Good luck & HH

I have the Golden Umax and the Eldorado (Umax type). They are a geat combo, and I do often take them out together...they complement each other very well. If you do get an Outlaw, once you learn and identify strengths and weaknesses in each machine, you can use them both to maximum advantage and get enjoyment from both. HH

I primarily want the Outlaw for its increased depth over the golden, and the ground balance. It would be nice to know how much the disc effects the depth on the Outlaw.