Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Golden umax question

vanner

Hi all , I better introduce my-self, Im vanner. I have been reading all I can on the Golden Umax, as it sounds like a neat general purpose detector. Im impressed with it discrimination abilities, particullaly its ability in regards to pull-tabs. I just watched a video clip with " silver53" giving a demo on the beach with pull tabs''', WOW'''' . I would imagine with this ability the machine doesnt even have to run really deep as in sports grounds etc a lot of the jewelry isnt that deep. Ive never used a tesoro before , and I can only imagine that the discrimination abilities are common on tesoros in general....what are your views on the golden Umax. Wife has given me the OK to buy one,, thats all good as long as I dont have to buy her another ring/set

Hi vanner - welcome - On my Golden a dime maxes out at 7" with sense at 10 thresh hold at 3 o'clock, notch wide, narrow or off. A nickel 8" same settings. So it's more then deep enough for most hunts. And the notch is excellent as well for those "coin shooting" hunts. I'm taking it out tomorrow morning to a soccer field where several hundred folks and families watched the July 4th fireworks. There were bands, concession stands,etc. I would guess nothing deep but there should be a fair share of good finds. Great detector for any rec area. So lite I can swing it all day! Great detector for the money.

I like the tones, and the notch is one of the best I seen , not to mention it loves nickels. Oh ya welcome Vanner to the forum, Mike does a great job on the video's, Hank

hey thanks guys, neat video Mike.Your video has been the deal maker for me... just went on line and bought it. Good luck with the soccer field... be interesting to see how you get on

Congrats glad you got it!