Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

golden umax question

vanner

Well the Golden arrived a couple of days ago. Havent had much of a chance to use it but I have noticed the ground balance is positive. I have read about adjusting the pot, Im picking that anti-clock wise is the adjustment to take it back a bit. Now before I take to it and wreck anything, can anyone tell me if I need to take all the nobs and nuts off the front , or is it just the two screws on the front plate to remove. Thanks in advance

No you don't have to take the knobs off, just the two screws that hold the faceplate, and only move the gb pot in small increments, hank

I could of swore back in the day many people screwed their detectors up playing with that POT and had to send their detectors back for calibration if I remeber right.

Ur welcome, hank

mike5853 said:
How are you testing the GB on the Golden?[/quote

I put it in all metal , then lifted the coil up and down over a clean patch of ground . As the coil approaches the ground the threshhold tone had a high wailing pitch . I have read other posts on how to adjust the GB , so I adjusted it down today