Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Golden uMAX Tones Conductivity Range Info - Refresher

berryman

I found this info on the web while trying to assemble a Golden tutorial for myself. At this point I don't know who the original author was, but it's useful information, so I thought I'd share for those of you who might be interested:

New Tones, Conductivity Range

Ferrous/Iron/Foil Low
Nickel Medium High
Pull Tab/Zinc Penny Medium Low
Silver High

Old Tones, Conductivity Range

Ferrous/Iron/Foil Low
Nickel Medium Low
Pull Tab/Zinc Penny Medium High
Silver High

The notch-width control must be adjusted while air testing a nickel with the discriminate control turned completely down to "min". With the notch switch in either the wide or narrow position, adjust the notch-width to obtain a good target sound on nickel. This will give you four target tones. If the notch-width is NOT set correctly, you will only hear three tones. This is the correct way to setup a Golden µMax, regardless of whether it has the new or the older Tones.

that's why I sold mine "Pull Tab/Zinc Penny Medium High"

1 tone is as good for what I need a Tesoro for.

just wish I bought a shipping container full and drip feed them out for 1000$ each that's the only mistake I made :buds:

I still don't get the high prices people are paying :poke:

AJ

But you do seem to gave a number of multi-tone machines. How do you decide when to use one of them and when to use one of your single tone Tesoro's?

most of the time its dig everything with the Tesoro looking for gold or set at zinc and dig everything that sounds good, so the tones are not that useful for what I use Tesoro's for the other toned detectors are more for targeting silver or clad or both or wet beach salt or again gold.

I have my fav's and use the others for a change up if I need it.

AJ