Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Golden with 5.75" coil or the "V"?

mortarman

I need help making a decision. I have a Vaq with the standard coil. Been thinking of getting myself a Golden for park hunting but was wondering how it would do with a 5.75" coil on it. Or, should I stick with my "V" and put the 5.75" coil on that? I believe the Golden and V use the same factory standard coil. I'm really excited about the prospects of the multi tones though! Can anyone help me? :sadwalk:

Seems this unit, with the multi tones and adjustable notching, would be just the ticket to sniff of good stuff in all the trashy areas. Not a depth demon, but one really does not need depth in a lot of parks and tot lot areas looking for the coins and jewlery.

Picked off a lot of small jewlery items 2-3 inches down in those areas in the past.

I have been checking out a few Tube videos on the Golden and it seems like a very interesting unit.

I don't think you can interchange coils with the Golden and the "V" one is a five pin the other four

Yes, veyr important to remember that the Golden and Vaquero are different lines of detectors, requiring different coils. The 5.75" for the Golden will not work on the V.

As posted, the coils are NOT interchangeable. Otherwise either choice would be good for what you want to do.
BB

Well, I wasn't thinking of buying one coil and exchanging them back and forth. I would either buy the 5.75 for the Golden when I bought one or get the 5.75 for the V. I know that the V uses a HOT coil. What I meant was that the Golden and V both use a 9X8 coil.

I think I'll be getting a Golden along with the smaller coil. The parks around here won't know what hit them!