Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Golden with Cleansweep coil

Ray(Ca)

Took the Golden out today at a local park for a short lunch hunt. I recently picked up a Cleansweep coil and wanted to see how it would perform on the Golden. Depth with good but the tones were off. I was getting zincons with a high tone. That's okay though at least I was digging coins. The weight was a little more than I thought it would be but after a while it was fine. Separation was pretty good as I was able to wander into some junk infested areas an still pull out some keepers. I even managed to pull out a 40's wheat in the 1/2 hour I was there!

Ray

Try mounting the coil backwards. This moves the weight a little more towards the hand. Not sure about this, sold my golden a while back, but with the notch switch turned off the notch knob can change the tone of some targets. There is a video on YouTube that shows this. Can't remember who posted it but if you search YouTube it's pretty easy to find.

Good luck,

Leeinsc

Hi Lee

I flipped the Cleansweep coil around and it felt better balanced. Thanks for the tip! I'll check that you tube video out.

Thanks,
Ray

I just swing my silver micro a little fast enough to cause the centrifugal force to proved lift on my arm. As a matter of fact I have extended rod on out and held machine by the armcuff using this method trying to cover a whole soccer field very quickly. I'm not looking for anything over 0-5" deep with this coil so a little faster than normal sweep speed still finds the 3-5" deep coins and jewelry with ease. When you get a little blip just stop and investigate.

Meant to say Notch off and very your band width that will change your tones around some. Move knob to the left about 10 o'clock and I think it will get your tones back. If I remember right. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

Mike Hillis has some good info on the golden and clean sweep combo. Search them up. Helped me a lot. I think I ran mine with notch off and the width knob set between 10 and 12 o'clock per Mikes settings. That gives the gold range all a similar tone. Worked well for me. First weekend out with mine I used these settings and got a nice mans 14k wedding band at a local sports complex!

Good luck

Lee