Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Goldengate Plus 3D machine

targets

anyone tried one of these yet ? linux operating system too ,thats got to be a first .just wondering what frequency they use and if the 3D imaging is up to much use .
kellyco have them but only a few seen on youtube yet .in foreign languages so far .but have they found any deep large finds ?

I have been playing around with it here at the store, and it is an impressive unit. Can't wait to get it to the beach or some old ghost town.

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/nokta/nokta-goldengate.php

JW

it will be great to get some kind of feadback to know if the 3D imaging works as they claim it does. and as to the depth of the finds.
strange that Nokta havent put some video on youtube explaining how it works ,considering its such a ground breaking unit.
not sure if its a VLF or GPR unit .....

we await your reviews with baited breath !

Very Very interesting

$3,900.00 :surprised:I can buy several Tesoro's for that kinda money:ranting: I guess I am cheap!

Something tells me this will be of little use to the average coin/jewelry/relic hunter, as far as deciding what signals to dig vs not dig. Call me a kill-joy, but it looks like the pixel sizes are too small to be of any use. I think some people have the impression that they are going to get a "magical" picture in 3D of various objects. Like a round tab verses a nickel vs a gold ring. Or a coin vs. a foil blob, etc.... But I highly doubt the pixel sizes and resolution are small enough to determine anything like that. All "coin sized" objects (tabs, foil blobs, coins, keys, rings, etc...) will all just be a messy blotch of pixels, not some magical shape that perfectly mimics a beaver tail off a tab, or a crucifix vs a bullet shell, etc.....

Same for the "imaging" detectors: the pixels are something like 1" across. Therefore everything in coin size is all just 1 pixel across! Doh. Even something as tell-tale as a horseshoe (that you might *think* would look, in the image, like a horse-shoe shape), is still just a confusing blotch of pixels.

And can you imagine the cocophany of blotches and screen pictures from junky sites with blurs of signals/targets?

Sorry to be a kill-joy, but I don't think the day is here where we can look into the ground and discern square tabs vs round ones vs ring, etc...

Im with you Tom.... the pixels have to be a problem on any small object. I mean if you are looking for land mines or treasure chests you might have a shot... but a coin or a coin on side i think not. But these kinds of systems have to start some where. I remember when the computer came on board in the Army.... they were monsters.

Dew

Dew, thanx for chiming in with concurrance. Funny, but ever since the "imaging" and "3D" detectors started making the rounds, in various incarnations, starting a few years ago, there have been no shortage of people chomping at the bit. They write giddish posts about how great these are going to be. And I keep typing out the same exact thing. Perhaps they're looking at the impressive picture in the catologs of what appears to be a ring (or coin or whatever) shape showing on a screen. You know what that reminds me of? Reminds me of a Whites detector commercial, where the fellow proudly announces "shows you whats in the ground before you dig" And sure enough: you can look at the XLT screen, and ..... I'll be durned! there's a pix of a nickel, or a quarter, or whatever right there on the screen! woohooo! :rolleyes:

quote on youtube video from an Italian distributor ?
poor english but he seems to suggest this =

'

certainly makes you see the shape and size of the object,

a bronze coin has detected the 3.5-cm to 105 cm

toratora00008 1 week ago '

.unsubstantiated comments as yet

are you suggesting that OKM, Lorenz, and Nokta are all wasting their time chasing fairies ?
Lorenz is a very long established German electronics company ,do you think they are spending millions on futile design engineering projects ?

if the machine is that good, there would be commercial companies havesting the beach. nothing wrong with beep and dig!

i emailed them asking for hard proof in a youtube video showing clearly that it does what they claim it does .
waiting a reply ........
its got 4 cpus ,that might help ,i dunno yet ...we'll see

I don't doubt that it "does what they claim it will do". That's not the question. The question is, what is "it" that they claim it will do? Because if you read carefully, I don't think they ever "claim" it will do anything more than size/shape out larger things, TO BEGIN WITH. It's the silly wish-ful thinking hobbyist themselves that jump to mental images of super refined images of pennies verses car keys vs rings, etc.....

Unless I'm wrong, and you can link us to some promise that they've made, which says that it will do anything more than size out larger things. If they fail to say "larger", and just say "images" "3d", etc.... then they've simply left it in the minds of the readers to guess how resolute that will be. Ie.: marketing at its finest :rolleyes:

theres a 2 page advert in this months UK Metal detector mag claiming its a ground breaking technology .

says SIGNAL -DIMENSION & SIGNAL SHAPE ASSOCIATION

ANALYZES SIGNALS RECEIVED AND DETERMINES A RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TARGET DIMENSIONS (WIDTH/LENGTH) AND SHAPE .IT THEN PRESENTS THIS DATA AS BOTH A MEASUREMENT (in CENTIMETERS) AND GRAPHICALLY AS ELLIPTICAL AND GEOMETRIC SHAPES ON A 3D GRAPH

'something' could be 2 or 3 cms in length or width

how else can you interpret that ?

i understand there is a review coming in another UK mag called the Searcher so we wait to see what they say

theres 4 cpus in the unit plus Linux so what are they doing ? are they ornaments twiddling their thumbs just added to make it look good ?surely thats overkill on a bog standard machine .

2 or 3 cms ? Heck, that's about an inch, If that's the pixel size, then how does that give any useful information to an md'r? It says nothing we don't already know. With any amount of experience, most of us can already say to ourselves "this is going to be a coinsized object". So if their advertisement is saying "2 or 3 cms" then if anyone reading that is applying a bit of common sense, they would immediately see the problem.

wait for the review in the mag Tom

Ive seen some of the imaging from deep water machines... id doubt you are going to see coins. I dont believe until we see more videos being posted that its going to be believable. There are now tons of videos for us to explore and learn any detector. They show everything to include great photos of the screens.... im waiting on theirs.... like they say pictures dont lie.

Dew

yep remain curious but a tad skeptical until the youtube videos prove what they claim it does.
the mag review will say if its squat ........or good

here is a video i found of the bigger model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuWtbJULm08