Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GoldField & Ground Balancing

AZWIP

Howdy folks, so, have watched a few videos consulted the owners manual, and am a wee bit confused...

I have XP Deus, running 4.1 (or4.2 can't recall)... and am using the HF elliptical...

Now, I have been trying out the Prog 10 Goldfield... and have seen videos where u can Ground Balance, but Pressing the PinPoint button and
pumping... and once video shows the unit beeping when balanced (???). Yet, the owners manual does not say it will beep when balanced?

So, took mine out, and tried it... I would raise the coil, then Press and Hold (???) the Pinpoint button, and pump up and down.... never got a beep? Should I have?
Do you press and "Hold" the pinpoint while pumping?

Or, should I Click on GB, then Click on Pumping and then Start to GB?

Again at least one video with good source, simply said, press Pinpoint and pump, get a beep and done.

Again, tried that, no beeps to indicate done, lol?

How should it be done? And is the video incorrect, or is it a version thing?

Thanks Folks & Happy Hunting!

Ron F.
--------

Howdy folks, so, have watched a few videos consulted the owners manual, and am a wee bit confused...

I have XP Deus, running 4.1 (or4.2 can't recall)... and am using the HF elliptical...

Now, I have been trying out the Prog 10 Goldfield... and have seen videos where u can Ground Balance, but Pressing the PinPoint button and
pumping... and once video shows the unit beeping when balanced (???). Yet, the owners manual does not say it will beep when balanced?

So, took mine out, and tried it... I would raise the coil, then Press and Hold (???) the Pinpoint button, and pump up and down.... never got a beep? Should I have?
Do you press and "Hold" the pinpoint while pumping?

Or, should I Click on GB, then Click on Pumping and then Start to GB?

Again at least one video with good source, simply said, press Pinpoint and pump, get a beep and done.

Again, tried that, no beeps to indicate done, lol?

How should it be done? And is the video incorrect, or is it a version thing?

Thanks Folks & Happy Hunting!

Ron F.
--------
You just press the pinpoint button once briefly and pump the coil until it gives you a ground reading on the XP ORX, I think it is the same for the Deus.

Sounds good... so just hit the Pinpoint and release and keep pumping until a value appears... no beeps eh, lol.

Thanks for the reply, tend to agree the ORX and mine will probably behave same way.

Happy hunting!

put it in track & go

Press and hold the pinpoint button, then pump one or two times until both ground mineralization and ground balance numbers match, then let go of pinpoint button.

To learn the Gold Field program I switch to it for about an hour at a time. Listen for the Zip Zip sound. Deep targets I switch to a regular program to see if it discriminates out. At least in a city park, if I can't hear it I usually do not dig. But if you are in a good area you can find really deep targets and probably worthwhile to dig. Bring a shovel.

Some great advice, thanks for sharing folks, I appreciate it. Will try these things out etc.

Happy Hunting!

Best to work up to it and maybe even in a low trash area to start with. I watched Gary Blackwells video and listen how it sounds on the nuggets. That short, quick "zip zip" is what you want to hear. Some good tips on tuning, too as the Depar has the same Gold Field program as Deus and ORX:

Last edited:
Best to work up to it and maybe even in a low trash area to start with. I watched Gary Blackwells video and listen how it sounds on the nuggets. That short, quick "zip zip" is what you want to hear. Some good tips on tuning, too as the Depar has the same Gold Field program as Deus and ORX:
Excellent video!! Thanks for suggesting it, covered a lot an explained things nicely as well.

Am looking forward to my next outing.

Happy Hunting!

Hope you get the hang of it. Remember take it easy while learning, small steps and in low trash. When I find a trashy area I go out to the edges where it just starts to thin out. Otherwise it can be overwhelming.