Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GoldFinder2 Hunt

eSCANZ

I have lent out my Nokta FORS CoRe Pro Pack out to some other metal detecting enthusiests here in NZ so they can experience how great they really are so I am back to swinging my backup GF2 and all I can say is wow -

It never ceases to amaze me how well it hits on small targets at depth even using the 5" T2 coil on it -

Here are some of the pictures of my last three very short hunts with the GF2 - Enjoy

Not knowing NZ coinage, what is it you have there? Is there silver or any age to the coins? Or are they the equivalent of US clad?
Looks like you had a good time either way!

Hi BillF

Sorry Sir I should include more details regarding my finds - I have fairly bad eyesight due to glaucoma (another reason why I started swinging a stick albeit, electronic lol) so when I could not longer see the coin dates out in the field I kinda lost interest in dating them -

I will attach three pictures of our coinage history - Pre-decimal coins (prior to 1967) - decimal coins & Current Coins

Also "From the first New Zealand coins issued in 1933, "silver" coins had a silver content of 50% until 1946. From 1947 onwards, all New Zealand "silver" coins were made from a copper-nickel alloy."

The silvers I have in my pictures are 1946 or earlier (florin 1935 - sixpence 1934 - sixpence 1943) - so 50% silver content - we dont have a big history here in NZ so those pre-decimal silvers are usually our goal, aside from Gold Sovereigns that is lol

Great hunt mate.. that lead toy looks to be an image of an American indian ..it kind of surprises that one of those would be found half way around the globe from America. .. congrats...cool finds....

Thanks bootyhoundpa -

The area I found it used to have international circuses back in the 1950's - It may be from there or simply an old lead toy a child lost -

I love find things like that -

I went back today - Same unit with the T2 5" coil fitted and scored another two silver 3 pence pieces 1933 & 1944 -

Thank you for your comment - ;)

Nice finds.

I've always liked New Zealand coin designs.

Next hunt - 1 hr

Location - my well hunted out local park

Detector - GF2 with 5" T2 coil (running sens = 80 disc = 24 tone = 2+)

Results - 3 more small silvers to add to the GF2 collection

Thanks guys for your kind words - ;)