Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GOLDSCAN 3 Help needed

Belenus

Hi!

I have an opportunity to purchase a Goldscan 3 metal detector but first I'd like to find out a bit more about it.. What was it designed for specifically? Is the weight of the control unit justifiable? Does anybody have manual or instruction booklet for it? Are there any users out there who might like to share their opinions about it?
I'd be grateful for any help..

Best regards

B.

Well yes, I have a Goldscan 4 modified and Reg Sniff has one also. Is the 3 model the one in a case showing meter and all controls? I can give you directions to manual, but will have to seach again first through my info etc. Frankly, it would take some modficiation to be worthwhile in the goldfields, beach use it can probably go as is. Don

Yes, it is! have never seen that one, imagine controls are the same. It would be best to write Eric Foster or wait for his reply to your post. Good Luck..Don

Is there really no one who ever owned this detector? This supposed to be a real powerhouse of a machine, so what happened to all the users?
I was hoping that Eric or Mr. Bill will help me out but so far no luck:(

It was basically the same as the Goldscan 2, but with a transmitter that could run off 24V. It used two 12V lead acid gel batteries, hence its size and weight. I can't remember how many were sold, as it is many years ago and I don't have the records any longer. I remember a customer in Scotland who did well with it, mainly on the beach.

Eric.