Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Goldscan 5 damaged:sadwalk:

draco said:
The Goldscan already been fixed, thanks to the invaluable help of Reg

Thank you very much friend.:clapping:

great!!! what was done to fix it? what was the problem?

chuck.

Attached two videos, after arranging. The first video was a difference in the background tone, changing the selector. In the second video, it is already set.

A tap there, remove wires ... Without the help of Mr. Reg Sniff would not have been possible, since I do not understand electronics, and do copy only.

Thanks Reg. :please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhNrIENbwJE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3thXp498aok

Muchas gracias Jetapneiste, de momento no tengo intenci

Hi Reg, my GS5 has failed again, this time will be necessary to send to whoever can fix.
Would you be so kind as to send me a private message with the address of your or your friend so I can fix it?

The background tone is not smooth, better video ...

Whenever I get time I do, thanks

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTUVNwADXvk[/video]

There is a small audio board under the metal plate and is located at the back of the detector. Did anyone try to adjust the pots on that board? One pot sets the lower tone or better called the basic audio tone when no signal is present, and it sounds like there is no lower tone.

Reg

Thanks Reg, the detector sounds like, a long time after being unused. Nobody has touched the knobs.

Draco,

If you have any contact cleaner, spray the volume control with it. Ttry to get the cleaner into the front part of the control. The back part is the switch.

Reg

Thanks Reg, I'll buy a contact cleaner. I'll keep you informed.:beers:

Hi Reg, sorry for the delay, the electronics store was closed for vacation.
Follow the problem, I cleaned the potentiometer contacts and then with clean dry air.

Tank you

No, nothing has changed. :cry:

Do you have a digital voltmeter? If so or have a friend who has one and knows how to use it, you might check the voltage on the audio board (top board) where it says IN and GND. This is the location where the signal comes in from the main board.

Disconnect the coil and measure the voltage at the two solder points mentioned. They are located on the right side of the audio board if you are looking from the front of the detector. There will probably be a capacitor soldered to the two locations. The voltage should be 0V or extremely close to it.

The friend who I was hoping would work on your detector says no, he doesn't want to tackle it. So, we will try to fix it ourselves long distance.

Reg