Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Goldscan 5

Hi fred, why are you getting rid of the GS5? I would keep it, I wish I could afford it but I hate to see anybody getting rid of an Eric Foster PI. It might not be very easy to replace it in the future. I'm sure you will be able to sell it easily fred. Ok take care and CU later.

John Tomlinson, CET
John's Detectors:usaflag::csflag::wave:

I have been detecting since 1980 and I own a GS5. This is the only detector that I know of that can work heavily mineralised ground with a Mono coil and still keep a stable threshold. There are plenty of prospectors in Australia dying to be able to get one of these machines.

Hi Frank,

The detector was posted on April 12, so it is back a page or so in the listings.

Reg

Thanks Reg...the GS5 is not compatible with my style of detecting and so this is a good opportunity for some one else...
Fred

It can hunt in both modes, standard PI, and ID/Ground Cancel mode. This is a unit that can ID iron at full depth.

It can use most any coil designed for Minelab PI units also.

Comes with high powered probe.

Drop Fred a note if your interested in it.

Here is the information on his model. Click on the link below
http://www.surfscanner.com/Surfscan3/Goldscan1.html

it's not tuned at it's best point for a quarter. It has been enhanced for gold & gold jewelry.

Besides that using a quarter is not a good standard, there is way to much variances between quarters, the amount of silver, clad or not.

On a US nickel,(a good standard),it's about 15+"

Bill