Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

goldseeker40000

randall burd

goldseeker4000 mentioned in a previoust post to get an average tid number on 705, you can push a button and hold it down untill a plus symbol appears at tpo left of screen then an average tid number will appear. it has to do with the stablisation feature of the 705. can anyone or gold seeker4000 please explain in detail how to use this feature. thank you in advance.

Target ID Stability is used in highly mineralized sites where you may not be getting a stable TID. Page 20 of the X-TERRA 705 Instruction Manual explains the purpose and the process of Target ID Stability. If you don't have a copy of the manual, you can access it through a link in the FAQFAQ or from Minelab's website. HH Randy

Randal , hi the feature is called "coins plus" . If you get a signal that is bouncing back and forth from a good coin signal and some bad tids then you press I think the coins/ prospecting mode button to left and hold it until the plus sign appears on the upper left lcd pannel. Once it appears scan target again and it will display the most likely tid. I don't know how it works but it does. I use it all the time. I just used it 3 days ago and had a problem locating the target and it kept bouncing so I imployed coins plus and it said it was a penny. I ended up digging 4 pennies out of the hole and still had a target in the hole. I went to my truck and grabbed my crevice tool and scrapped dirt out from under some tree roots and at the bottom of the hole was another penny. It turned out to be a 1946 wheatie. I rescanned the hole and there was no more signals. I found the wheatie at around 9-10 inches deep with the 5x10 DD High Frqnz prospecting coil. I feel I would have missed it with the standard 9" or 9.5 " concentric Medium coil, with which I have missed alot of deep wheaties with.

"Coins Plus" is the nickname tagged to the feature that Minelab calls "Target ID Stability" in the manual. I suppose some call it Coins Plus because when you implement it, a + icon appears above the TID number. Regardless of what you call it, it can be a very useful tool in highly mineralized soil. But be careful if you use it in moderate soil as it can skew your TID to a point you won't dig the coins!

Here is a link to how and when to implement that feature, from Minelab employee Des Dunne.......

http://www.mlotv.com/view/621/coins-plus-feature-in-x-terra-705-70-explained/

HH Randy