Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good coil aftermarket coil for the F75?

Just bought a new f75 also ordered a magic 13 coil to go on it. Tested the magic coil today and it was so chatty you could not tell what a target was with all the chatter. I know there is no emi at my test garden. The factory coil did fine there as all my detectors have. Thinking on either a Nel tornado or the 13 inch ultimate coil. Some of you that have used them, which do you prefer?
Is one a tad Deeper than the other, or about the same. Thanks

I used both the tornado and ultimate at different times for my 75's and found the ultimate to be a little deeper. Over all, though, I didn't gain enough depth over the stock to out weigh the added swing weight of the bigger coils and also found the stock 11" to have far better target separation. If all I hunted or mostly hunted was fields and pasture land, then for added depth and coverage I would go with the ultimate. For woods, park and old homestead types of hunting, those bigger then stock coils were just to big for my liking. HH jim tn

I agree with Jim. The stock coil is tough to beat in a lot of sites IMO. I have the ultimate and also the 12x13 cors strike (nel tornado). I prefer the performance of the Cors but like the ultimate too as it’s just a shade deeper and it’s not really heavier than the stock coil. I find the ultimate to be more chatty and more likely to have ground grab problems. Stock coil stays on my machine.

I use the 12" X 13" Nel Tornado on my F75. I seem to get a bit more depth with it compared to the stock coil. I have never compared the two side by side so the extra inch or so is not substantiated. I can attest to the fact that the greater coverage area helps me find more coins on any given hunt and that is probably the greatest advantage of using it. The Nel will sometimes have trouble Fast Grab ground balancing when the soil mineralization is below the high 60's but it's not a problem as long as you are aware of this. It can be manually ground balanced when this is the case. I mostly like to use it in "hunted out" sites. As a side note, when I use it, I "think" I'm going to find more with it and the added inspiration can cause me to hunt a little harder.;)