Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good find with the Etrac

coinspader

I hit a well hunted spot with the Etrac this evening and I came across this target in amongst the nails, I believe it was 45 on the conductive side and the ferrous numbers were rather jumpy because of the adjacent iron. I got 45 on the cross swing so I went for it, I'd say it was around 8 inches deep.

Attachments

• IMG_2719.jpg
    IMG_2719.jpg
    539.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2721.jpg
    IMG_2721.jpg
    723.2 KB · Views: 98
I hit a well hunted spot with the Etrac this evening and I came across this target in amongst the nails, I believe it was 45 on the conductive side and the ferrous numbers were rather jumpy because of the adjacent iron. I got 45 on the cross swing so I went for it, I'd say it was around 8 inches deep.
That could be of Indian, Hindu or other southern Asian religious good luck token. I think even some western American Indian cultures used the that symbol. Any idea on its possible history?

I think I see something on the token that says shoes and wonder if it a ad for shoes.
The Swatika on the token is actually back word for the Swatika that the Germans used and was used after the Navaho use as a good luck symbol from what I understand. I found several of these over the years and even have a silver ring with the same symbol .
As you can see it has other good luck symbol on it too, some of the ones I found were different as they were Adverising for different products.
Neet find!!

Rick

That could be of Indian, Hindu or other southern Asian religious good luck token. I think even some western American Indian cultures used the that symbol. Any idea on its possible history?
Boy Scouts 1900-1910

Cool find!!!!