Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good luck to the USA in your upcoming election

bris dave

On what is effectively the eve of your current Presidential Election I wish you all the best.

From this side of the ditch I am impressed with both your candidates and can see with the election of McCain or Obama a safer, more secure and better world.

Thank goodness we have seen the last of the current bloke!

Good luck and happy voting

I appreciate you interest and hopes for our country. Thank you.
As you (and the rest of the world knows) we Americans are a very self centered lot.....We don't give the interest to other countries that they show towards us. Many reasons for that I suppose.
If we have elected a man that can smooth our economy high and lows, stabalize our standing in the geo-political world and improve our relations with other countries then we indeed will have chosen wisely.
Sometimes we Americans make mistakes...sometimes we elect them to office.
Time will tell........

I am thinking mistake.... Thanks for the concern though. HH Joe

Indeed gentlemen, time will tell what sort of a bloke you have in Obama.

The general, no, I would go further and say the hugely dominant opinion in Australia is that he is a good man.

He will get a great deal of initial support from overseas and from what I have read his international support, measured from media polls had him the prefered choice at over a 2:1 ratio.

McCain came over as a decent bloke also which was reinforced by a remarkable concession speach. From an outsiders point of view his big problem was with his choice of running mate. The thought of Palin being the most powerful person on Earth was farnkly terrifying!

From outside your shores I can only hope your new leader can reverse the excesses and dreadful mistakes his predecessor made and he can help make the world a safer and more financially secure place to live.

Good luck. Heres hoping he is up to the job.

SELF CENTERED??? Please do not presume to speak for me...if you are self centered and self absorbed it is your problem not the character of an entire nation!

Dave; thanks for the interest and good will...no matter how anyone feels about the person of Mr Obama or Mrs Palin their presence on the ballot made reality of a long time ideal...freedom and equality for all.

God bless us each and every one

Fred

Relax Fred....As Americans we, as a nation have little knowledge or (sadly) interest in the workings of other nations on this planets face.
Who among us can name the three top government officials of Canada and Mexico??? Our nearest neighbors may as well be on the other side of Nairobi as to the knoweldge we as Americans (generally speaking if you so desire) show them.
Feel free to be personally offended by my statement that we Americans have little interest or knowledge of the machinations or the rest of the world except as to how it effects us as a whole.
Please don't confuse a sad commentary with an inacurate one.

Oh, I am not confused nor tense, just offended at your arrogance..all I ask is that you speak for your own damn self..there ain't any we in your opinion...

I stand alone

Fred

If you can prove that my statement on the geo-political interest of Americans towards the rest of the world is inaccurate please try.
From now on I will be sure and add the byline "except for Ferd "that excuses you from being part of the well known weakness of Americans in regards to knowledge of any country other than our own.
Except for you you would be hard pressed to stop someone on the street and get a correct answer of who the Prime Minister of England is. (Hint, not Tony Blair)
What parties make up the Mexican government??? If you asked that question to the person down the street I am willing to bet that not only would they not have the answer, but that they would also wonder "why should I care?"
As to my Opinion...I wish it were just mine....The knowledge and interest of we Americans towards other countries, or lack of both actually is not simply my opinion. It is well known by sociologists, teachers.political scientists etc..
Except for you Fred, we Americans are pretty weak in out knowledge of what is happening outside our borders, unless it directly has some impact on us.
This isn't just my opinion. Please prove me wrong and direct me to a person or organization that will say that we Americans are pretty darn sharp when it comes to matters that we are here discussing.
Remember this is not just my opinion.

Well, Gordy I didn't say your opinion was inaccurate...I said you donot have my permission to speak for me...
I will say that your opinion added to all the "expert opinions" you can muster will still only be a large load of opinions. You and they can muster all the facts you can but the bottom line is an opinion is still an opinion...you have every right to yours...
Here is my opinion....Generally speaking, the world would be a better place if every one was to mind their own business.

thanks for the fun

Fred

Heck Fred,
if both of us minded our own business we wouldn't be looking at the pictures of other peoples finds or reading about their hunts.
And I agree, it was fun.
A hundred years ago people could exchange thoughts and ideas...challenge the beliefs of the people engaged in the exchange and everybody was cool with it. Now things instatnly become testy and unruly. Especially so now that the masses can toss words and/or venom from thousands of miles away secure in their safety behind a keyboard.
Happy hunting and control the spending during these upcomming holidays....we all may have some belt tightening to do. Now I just have to convince my wife of that.

Well, as a member of the rest of the world, a potential Vice President thinking Africa is a country was a bit scary!

G'day Allan. Hows it going? Havent heard from you in some time.

I can only concur with your sentiments regarding Palin. She was seriously scary on a number of levels. Sadly she doesnt look like going away as there is some talk about her being a likely candidate for the next election.

One can only hope she is a relative of Michael Palin of Monty Python fame and the whole thing was a giant send up!

Heres hoping Obama can get some things done. It will be hard as he has inherited a mess left by the incompetence of the last bloke.

Good luck again to those here on the American side of the pond.I truly hope the reported near demise of General Motors and other Detroit icons has been overstated in the Aus. media.

Gordy, always happy to discuss with a reasonable person, anytime...

Dave, I have little use for Mr Bush and his cronies but he didn't make this pile of doo-doo all by his self...and now the big three want to pillage the taxpayers for their share...when will it end???
If a politician says he wants to help, grab your wallet! This was true before I said it, true when I said it and it will be true in a thousand years...

Fred

Don't matter he's only going to spend one term in office. The Maya and Inca say that it will all end on DEC 21st 2012, with a planatary line up like the world has never seen before. Polar shifts and magnetic fels shifting also. I know its true! I saw it on the Histrory Channel Last night! And I know they wouldn't lie! Ha! Ha! Grubstake

Going well Dave.
Pity she wasn't part of the Pythons. They had it all worked out 40 or so years ago.Remember the 'galaxy song'?

Alan said:
Well, as a member of the rest of the world, a potential Vice President thinking Africa is a country was a bit scary!

Quit drinking the cool aide Alan, check the news lately?? Its been shown that it was a lie!!!

Could be Buck. We got so much of your election down here it was hard to keep up with it all.
Funny how I found that bit believable though.