Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good News from Minelab USA!

plugger

I sent an inquiry to Minelab in Australia and they forwarded my concerns to the VP of Minelab's North American Operations. He addressed all of my concerns and very thoughtfully answered each of my questions.

Here are the facts:

Demand for Excaliburs and GTs have dramatically increased and they are building more of them than ever before and the company hopes to "catch" up in July.
The new facility in Chicago is almost finished and will soon be up and running at full speed. They hired 2 more techs and a customer service manager and the time and quality of repairs is improving. Shipping to Chicago from the east coast will be cheaper and a day quicker than for Vegas.

The new company Plexus that they have partnered with to build their machines is continuing to increase production and are in fact, building more machines than Minelab has ever produced before. And, they are more focused on the hobby detectors so the backlog situation should start to smooth out in July.

Hang in there Gang! The best detectors are going to be more available soon.

Plugger (aka Bill Quinn)

Good info

Hope they get caught up on their service soon. They are quoting me 30 working days to repair a gt. It looks like with shipping it will be gone about 2 months. :-(

Just glad to hear that the GT is selling well, even better than before? I'd hate to see this machine get phased out. It's as good as it gets in terms of performance, but it's "primative" looks and lack of people hyping it (trying the best I can! :biggrin: ) had me concerned that Minelab might stop making them. Many people believe a machine with a computer display must perform better than others that don't. While I'm not opposed to a display and must say I miss a few of the fancy controls, performance is where it's at for me and so I'm more than willing to settle on the less flashy GT.

I did. Guess I need to be more specific. Wonder what plant (Location) is going to be building the Excals-China, Romania, Mexico, UK ,Malaysia

great info thanks for the info..

Copy and paste this to the address bar.

See: http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:JyHvek7cRJUJ:www.minelab.com/__files/f/18305/ML%2520Times%2520April%25202010_web.pdf+Minelab+and+Plexus&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESg-Zirp74OsvUJgPaNWuwf_EFBzLuDhlUtBSfoPRN_Ljti3Jv7fbnejwuGmuNzp24NffTop1t84fVdj29LIdMyX1RdOryhlaAIYCrlOnHy4Xxc_bfAPk7NYg9hbq2UKxjq1qaJF&sig=AHIEtbRAzp73CJgN8WzfFhMam3Cp2CtHPg

It looks like July was correct, they are starting to show up now. One seller on Ebay has 5 GTs available!