Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good short hunt

Nate’s metal detecting

I return to a site were a town used to be and before today I had just found 1 IHP and a few pieces of lead. I don’t know for sure if this site ever saw much civil war activity like a camp but there was some in the area nearby. Today I found my second V nickel the date was 18-something. Also found a buckle, flat button, and a a few pieces of lead. Not sure if the item in the top right of the finds is a bayonet scabbard or not.

Attachments

• B3A83AFB-B471-44E8-A0C3-6198CF69FFE5.jpeg
    B3A83AFB-B471-44E8-A0C3-6198CF69FFE5.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 100
  • B5EBBC49-396C-4D05-A34E-224646720FEF.jpeg
    B5EBBC49-396C-4D05-A34E-224646720FEF.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 93
Nice finds, Nate!! Not sure about the brass piece either. If it is one, probably locally made.
HH okie

Nice finds, Nate!! Not sure about the brass piece either. If it is one, probably locally made.
HH okie
I would say keep your nose to the grindstone but coil to the dirt seems way more appropriate!!!
Pretty good results from a short hunt... that site has potential!!👍👍
Looks like you hitting the right area. Keep going.
V nickels are always nice finds.
Thank you guys!!

Congratulations Nate. There is definitely more to be found there. V nickels are always good to find. Not sure if that is a scabbard tip. I’ll have to do some research on it. I haven’t seen one like that before.

Great stuff Nate! I haven’t been able to get out since we have -30 degrees with wind chill and a foot of snow...

Nice finds any V nickels I find very rarely are in good shape except some from my beach hunts go figure??
Mark