Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

good start to winter detecting

Raoul

Hi guys, well here in Perth West Australia the weather has turned cold, no more 30 or 40 degree heat, lucky to hit the middle 20's so its goodbye to the water detecting and Hello to the dry land.
This morning was my first days detecting for the winter season and i decided to do an old sports ground that i found by using Google Earth i punched in the co ordinates on the Garmin E Trex GPS and almost an hr later i found the field,the GPS was spot on.

It was a slow start with the pull tabs being a menace and it got to the stage that i turned the discriminator all the way up so that i wouldn't constantly be digging pull tabs.
Well after that it was dead quiet, every 10 minutes or so i would get a beep which turned out to be a screw cap,then i got a target in the high 70's which turned out to be a 1917 penny after that things got better my second worthwhile target turned out to by a heavy 18kt wedding ring.
We stayed there for almost 3 hrs and i ended up with.

1 18ct wedding ring very heavy
1 925 Sterling silver ring,looks like an old style.
1 Army badge
1 Blood donor badge
2 penny's 1936 & 1917
2 Half penny's 1911 & 1951
$4.00 14 one & two cent pieces

Well if the rest of winters detecting turns out like this i will be very happy.

Cheers Raoul

Congratulations Raoul .... you certainly did have a good day.

HH Bob