Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good time of year for scouting sites.

togamac

We've only got small patches of snow on the frozen ground and the day-time temperatures are in the 20's but I managed to do some scouting today. I studded my mountain bike tires with 3/8" pan-head sheet metal screws from the inside of the tires, used half of an old inner tube to act as a liner and they work pretty good (just don't turn sharply!). The visibility into the woods is awesome and if there are old foundations or man-made structures there, you'll see them. Dress like you're going skiing and you won't be cold. I use layers of polyester clothing from the thrift store and a Gore-Tex shell on the legs and upper body and a fleece balakava.
I take my GPS unit with me and record the coordinates of potential sites. Great work-out too. By the way, I'm 72 so if I can do it, you can too.