Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good to get out today's finds

Ron from Michigan

Staff member
During my search noticed the first penny was encrusted in green which was a plain 1919 the other two pennies were encrusted also and thought they were going to be wheat's but were Lincolns. All these coin were 8-9 inches deep. The brass button came in as a nickel signal has an airplane on it so it isn't too old. Good to get out in the park. HH Ron

I have found quite a few 1919 wheat pennies for some reason.
I can't make out the button.. is there anything design on it?

Felix looks like an airplane possible Spirit of Saint Louis so not that old. Out yesterday same park brief search clad and a 1929 plain Wheat. Usually with a deep signal I'll use pinpoint to see if the target location moves. The center of the target moved at least 5 inches and this should be a no dig move on, instead back to disc got a 177-176 too good to pass and I was surprised when the green crusted wheat was recovered. I guess sometimes good targets can be recovered when the target location changes in pinpoint. A short search is much better than none. HH Ron

That is Interesting about the target pinpointing at that distance and being a good target.
Makes me wonder how many signals like that I have passed over.
Wonder if it was not laying flat , but angled or on end?

Felix I think you may be correct a coin on edge could throw the disc location. HH Ron