Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gopher Holes

I am told that ravens collect shiny items in their nests, but what about gophers? We have a tonne of gophers and I am curious if anyone here has found a stash of coins in their holes? Back at a golf course in my home town, the squirrels would hide the golfballs in their cache and I recall finding a few hundred in various holes over an embankement.

help a coin or other target surface. it's not that they have "hoarded' the coins, but they have dug or disturbed the ground in parks and yards and ghost towns and all sorts of places where man has been. Their digging, just like renovation work to put in a sidewalk or trench in some sprinklers, etc., can move desired finds to the surface.

I always hunt fresh-looking animal digs just for that reason. Do they all produce? Of course they don't, but when you recover a Barber or Mercury 10

OR walking into the emergency room with a golpher stuck to end of his fingers,because it won't let go :rofl:

Watch out guys ,here in the south rattle snakes use those holes......hh........Dan

well in three years i have trapped over 1700 pocket gophers and got 2.00 each and they often puch relicks to the suface

For whatever reason I swing the coil over it. Quite possible animals may bring coins to their nesting area but usually something along the food line. Once read where a fisherman recovered a nice diamond gold ring from fishes belly but that another hobby and understandable as many are caught on shiny lures.

Years ago recovered a nice barber dime from an old uprooted tree so it pays to investigate any ground disturbance...