Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gorgeous in Green!!

BigCatDaddy

It's 5:00 am, Sunday morning. I've just sat down in my detector room with a tall, cold glass of OJ, fired up the computer to check the forum for posts and I hear:

"Daddy, is that you?"
"Wha..huh??"
"Daddy, it's Baby."
"Oh hi Baby, it's been a long time since you called me Daddy"
"Daddy, I need to hunt!"
"Sure thing Baby. Anyplace special?"
"Anywhere Daddy, I just need you to press my buttons like you used to"
"No problem Baby, I'll even wear those goatskin gloves you like so much"
"That sounds wonderful Daddy! I hope you have a little DC power for me."
"I do, just bought a 30 pack of Double A's yesterday"

snap click, snap click

"How's that feel Baby?"
"With that 12 volts installed, I feel just like I did in '99 when I first met you!"
"And you still look just as pretty as you did on that day in November when you showed up on my doorstep, Gorgeous in Green!"
"Oh Daddy, let's go, I can't wait any longer!"
"Sure thing Baby, just gotta wait for a little daylight!"

OK, you pervs, cool down now. Baby is my Garrett GTAx 1250, the very first detector I ever bought. She's found me thousands of coins and plenty of rings until I became sidetracked by other detectors and she was relegated to living in her Garrett bag most of the time. Every so often, I've gotten her out, plugged in some fresh AA's and taken her for a spin. She's got a sweet low Threshhold tone that is heaven to my ears!! She's never been sick a day in her life either, always ready to hunt. I bought her a 7 x 10 coil when they first came out and took off that hideous CrossfireII pancake coil. She's so much prettier now!!

Here's Baby, ready to go!!
[attachment 271518 0_1250.jpg]

So, we're at a local soccer field that I and evidently others have hit many times before, but this is Baby's first time here. And she doesn't disappoint either. I have her set in Jewelry mode and eveything she hits solid on, I dig. The first target is a nice little dime and from there she keeps on giving me some loot. The sun is beaming down on us and it doesn't take long before I'm drenched in sweat, but I'm smiling on the inside!!
I notice a fresh dig hole and decide to check it out. Baby sez there's a quarter there! Sure enough, there is!! And then there's a nickle not 3 inches from that!! Whoever this guy or gal is, they are not so hot at detecting, leaving 2 coins for me. So on I go, another dig hole I spy. Nothing there, but about 6 inches away, Baby sez there's a 6.5 to be dug. I'm excited because I know what a 6.5 can be on a 1250. So I pinpoint it and it's shallow. So I take out the Propointer and buzz it up and pop it out with my digger....GOLD!! A nice 14K wedding band, sitting right there before my eyes!! Yessir!! Now we're talkin' Baby!! Whoever that other detectorist is, I sure would like to thank them!! Finally, the Gold Monkey is off my back!! Yea!! And it was done with the very first detector I ever bought, can't beat that for a great day, nosirree!!

Here's the loot, sorry for the crappy pic, but the sun was beating down on me, I just wanted to hit that AC!!
[attachment 271519 0_1250loot.jpg]

A little closer on that sweet GOLD!!
[attachment 271520 0_1250loot2.jpg]

"Daddy, it's hot, can we go home now?"
"Sure thing Baby, let's get you back all cool and cozy in your Garrett bag."
"It sure was a fun time, wasn't it Daddy?"
"Sure was Baby and you're still Gorgeous in Green!"

I talked it over with Gecko(my Technetics 4000) and we both agree, there is something terribly wrong with you.