Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got a civil war breast plate Sunday with my G2

Digger70pa

I went to my new spot & the G2 worked like a champ. The overlooked machine that does. The best relic machine I've ever used. It's been over 10 years since I dug my last plate. Thanks for looking. HH & more to follow

Nice breast plate, what is that material ? brass - copper ?
How deep it was ?

Thanks buddy. It's stamped sheet brass with a lead filling. It was @12"-13" & sounded sweet. I thought it was a deep bullet. I have a brace of metal detectors & the G2 is the machine I take out every time relic hunting. The best relic machine I've ever used. HH

Nice looking relics. I got a G2+ltd a few weeks ago and I'm liking it. I've been using it on a late 1700s/early 1800's home site that I pounded with a f70 for 3 years and still pulled out a few buttons. I'm anxious to try it out on a civil war site.

Nice finds Digger, congrats.---How deep were the bullets & what coil were you using on the G2?

The deepest bullets I found was 11"-12" in the dirt. When they get to 12" they don't sound or ID great. I use the 15" Nel attack coil.

I might add to this post that this spot has been hunted with just about every machine under the sun. I'm sure it's been hunted with White's detectors. I'll follow behind those machines any time. We really do love you Bronco Billy. :inlove:

Awesome finds Digger70pa! Congrats

beautiful breast plate a friend of mine 2 years ago found one very similar like that up here in maine do you know what war dominion its from?

Yes American civil war.