Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

got a few hours in with my Delta 4000, great machine

deliveryboy

Teh weather here in AZ hasnt given me much opportunity to use my new Delta, but for the few hours I have hunted with it, I can see its a coin magnet, 8-10 quarters, same with nickels and dimes, and today I found a cub scout neckerchief clasp. I am getting used to the numbers and sounds, the Quarters were very distinct IMO. Anyhow I am excited to get more hunts under my belt with it, for now my Tesoros are on vacation. :)
Today I was able to run sensitivity on 12 with no issues, the other day at another park I had to lower it to 5-6. I find the tones to be confusing at times but if you find the center of the target its easier to determine what signals are the good ones.

BTW being a beep dig guy, I find myself digging most signals anyhow, but its fun to try to guess the targets prior.

I am new to this site so I am enjoying everyone's post. I got a delta 4000 for Christmas and am just learning to use it. There are some civil war sites close by so i plan on hitting those areas soon. Actually the other day someone found a live cannonball while digging a waterline about 200 yards from my house. I need to get started...

I am new to this hobby and just started using the Delta 4000 in November 2013, I have found lots of cool stuff, silver coins, silver jewelry, Colonial Flat Buttons, and other relics and coins. It is very accurate on detecting type of metal and depth to 6 or 7 inches, but I am still learning and would love to hear and tricks or tips about this machine.

I dig in Virginia