Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got a few today

Bigtom123

Hit the local park and pulled some clad,and a pair of silver quarters with the f5..The slq is beat up with no date but I'll take it..the Washington was masked by a screwcap,dug the screwcap and closed the plug..swing over it and get a high-tone a few inches over.. Flipped the plug back out,dug another alongside it and out comes the Washington.
If I'd have had a concentric coil I'd have never dug the screwcap,and never recovered the Washington.

Tom, you are really liking that F5. I found many silvers with that setup. I found a very deep Barber quarter with a rusty nail directly on top of it. It came out rusty. I also believe the 11 inch dd coil is the perfect coil for that detector.

I've gone all year and haven't found a silver quarter, nice finds right there. I did get some silver dimes so that was pretty good for me.

Thanks guys,it's a great old park and I'm not so sure its been hit hard..I've been looking at another machine to go with f5,,either a Racer2,f75ltd or Xterra 705..tough choice

Nice Finds that were most likely missed many times before. Nice hunting.

Bigtom123 said:
Thanks guys,it's a great old park and I'm not so sure its been hit hard..I've been looking at another machine to go with f5,either a Racer2,f75ltd or Xterra 705..tough choice

I guess it depends on where you hunt mainly and what value you put on different detector characteristics. All I can say is that the Xterra vs F5 is like comparing apples and oranges. The biggest issues I had with the XTerra was the slow recovery speed and funky tones (that of course is subjective).

I plan on keeping the f5,not goin to get rid of it..it's a solid coin and jewelery machine..was just thinking of something a little more deeper maybe?