Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got a new Blisstool questions....

Jack Flynn

Is the Machine normally very chatty?
I'm having a hard time realizing whether it is ground balanced or not. Any advice?
I don't understand discrimination depth please explain.
thank you in advance

Hi Jack.
When mine is chattering, I lower the GAIN and the Treshold. But some times when the soil is full of iron, it is difficult.
You can allso use the silencer to minimize the chattering. But try first with low GAIN and then try to get best GB.
The DD is only working at the deept, and I am starting on 8,0... If I dig to must deep iron nails or like that, I raise the DD 0,2 at the time.
Disc.swich and DL are the surface and top soil, and I don't find them sensitive as the DD is. (DT 1 and DL 4,5 is mine Mustly)
I hope that some US Bliss users will come in, because I am useing mine in Europe, and there could be afjustable diffents.
Henrik

Is the Machine normally very chatty? >>>>>>>>> Yes...but can be control somewhat with proper adjustments. Very sensitive...move controls only slightly!

I'm having a hard time realizing whether it is ground balanced or not. Any advice? >>>>>>>>>>> Still learning mine...I've only had it 4 days. There are some good videos out there showing how to ground balance. Looks like in "auto" all you pretty much have to do is pump the coil a few times.

I don't understand discrimination depth please explain. >>>>>>>>>>> Still learning myself. The way I understand it is that the Discrimination Depth (DD) control allows you to determine how deep you will allow the machine to respond to larger iron. The more DD setting...the less response to larger iron. I may be a little confused on that but if you allow the machine to pick up deeper iron signals...the better chance you have to finding nonferrous amongst it.

thank you in advance >>>>>>>> Your welcome. Hope I din't confuse you even more! I have confidence in the Blisstool as being one of the deepest seeking machines out there in almost any type soil. Good luck and Happy Hunting.

Charles

I set my DD at 5 and pretty much leave it there. Hardly ever dig a nail. DL I set around 7. Never higher than *. Deep bullets will strt to break up. I find it to only be "chattY' if I'm over a lot of iron. Or, if near EMI. In clean ground it is very quiet. I always GB in Auto, as my ground is only moderately mineralized. I had mine for four months. Love it for relics. The 15" coil is more susptable to EMI. Makes sencse, as it has more surface area to be affected. Never had an EMI issue with the 11" coil.

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

the chatty ness you talk about happens with a high threshold say obove 6-- its not like other machines threshold, on the bliss you dont want to hear the threshold, you want it just quite, 5 is a good place for the threshold . your gaine will depend on how mineralized the ground is i find that on a fresh charged battery i need less gain but as the battery draws down i can put it up to 4 and 5 the threshold really is the sinsitivity you will get mor depth if it is set at 6 to 6.5 but if you get close to EMI lower the threshold to 4 and if its still chatty lower it againe, and if still chatty turn down the gaine... Ground balancing make shure no metal is int the ground start with ground coarse all the way left and bob the coil and start turning the knobb to the right untill it goes silent that is in manuel ground balance you may use the finly to fine tune it that knob should be set at 5 and then make your fine adjust ments. if you want to use the auto put switch into auato and chose one of three chaneels that is quite or the most quite if it is still sounding off try turning the gaine up or down untill it goes silent the DD is simple the more it is turned up the deeper it will discriminate iron and foil. I normally use a DL of 5 and a DD of 9 if i want the deep iron disqed out I find that if the DL is past 6 I loos white gold rings so i keep it no more that 5 hope that helps best thing is to bury some dimes and practice with the controls.

also at least on my machine , changing the gaine can cause the detector to become chatty for a time , I just barly touch the gaine up or down and it usally stops if it is doing that its veryhard to ground balance I try to keep the gain in one place and not move it around

Jack,

Gunnar has some really good videos on the subject, and he taught me a lot by them and reading his suggestions. But he's right, move the DD & DL in really small amounts - it makes big differences - they are potentiometers and that usually means they are not on a straight-slide scale but exponential. But the buried coins taught me a lot - that 10", 11" 12" dime taught me what adjustments to make and how the DD and DL work. Once you figure this out, it will be pretty easy for you.

Gunnar has a good video about swinging the detector like a pendulum; it works, so check that out too. I think you are gonna like the Blisstool. Though the settings interact with each other, it's not as hard as it looks - kind of like the GT, all those sounds to figure out.... but then, it starts making sense, and you will know what needs adjustment. Keep an open mind too. I'm a slow learner, so it took me somewhere between 10 and 15 hours of actually using it, between the test garden and real hunting situations. But that was from watching the videos and reading others posts. I learned how to try different kinds of things. It's a pretty fast machine, and it says to me "dig" or "don't dig", but there is no in between the two.

Good luck, and let us know if you find out a different approach to GB, and any other methods of using it. I like it a lot. It's not my only detector, but I have to say, it's the deepest one I own.

Dear Gunnar.... Interesting information about the Battery ! You said "i find that on a fresh charged battery i need less gain but as the battery draws down i can put it up to 4 and 5".
Havn't notice that on my Bliss, but I'll will check up on it. It would surprise me if is like that, because there is a a voltage stabilization at the electronic circuit to keep the Bliss stabile,
but offcourse Battery down under 40-50 % can do that the stabilization can't work, and it may be true. Ahmed at Bliistool (he developed the detector) will could tell us.
Interesting matter, because if it is true, we all got a variable factor more we have to deal with.
Henrik.

That when its near needing charging but the light is not coming on , probly not a big deal but ay info would be intresting , I am not an expert just a student of the bliss , still learning. but i used it alot last summer to its still the deepest thing that has come around hear .