Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GOT A "NEW" USED TESORO SAND SHARK & SOME QUESTIONS

Scaupus

just got my "new" used Tesoro Sand Shark into the water today. Found a lot of targets, which was great, but the threshold is not super steady, it was going in and out a bit. Is that normal?

My second concern was that at the end of the swing, usually on one side much more than the other, it would sound off. Is that abnormal? Is there a way to avoid that?

Finally, is that Tesoro lifetime warranty good for the life of the detector...no matter who owns it?

thx

Warranty situation is pretty well covered in this thread:
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,1726422

Jay Evans is technically correct, but Tesoro normally goes above and beyond as long as the detector isn't obviously abused or a modified the unit.

Sand Shark threshold is not super steady. It can also become very unsteady when you get near interfering sources, such as some other detectors, wireless repeaters (some of the resorts and beach hotels are hard to get close to due to this one) and I think, when near an inlet, I was getting some interference from ship to shore radios as the ships were coming into or leaving the inlet. Have not had interference so bad that it could not be used for strong target responses, but I am sure faint (small and or deep) responses could fade into the disrupted threshold.

Were you either in the water or hunting along the sand at the point between dry and wet area when you got it sounding off at one end of the swing more than the other? If I am hunting parallel to the water line either in the water or at the wet / dry transition I've had that to some extent. If your scoop is at the side that sounds off more than the other, it could be picking up your scoop too. Sweep speed changing at the end of a sweep and change in distance to the sand or waves moving sand over the coil can all give a bit of a threshold change, although the Sand Shark is more immune to sounding on those conditions than some other PI's. Actually sounds like you are listening closely to the detector and are going to do well with it.
Cheers,
tvr