Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got a nice 1867 two cent piece from the yard of the 1722 house today

jabbo

Found it at the edge of the huge front yard, the crotal bell came from small back yard. This place was searched out long ago, got no coin signals in the cut grass, dug up only some zincolns and clad dimes. Property is now owned by the county. Will go back soon and search where the tall weeds are. Gotta be more goodies there but the old coins in the lawn were dug up long ago. The back yard is over loaded with iron signals, I was lucky to get the bell from in between the iron using the 10" coil. The two cent piece was in a clean area all alone about 5" deep, got it with the 6" coil. House was built in 1722, has a family cemetery on it.

Nice going on the 2 cent piece... they are on alot of folks wish list.
I believe they were only minted for 9 years.
I found one last year ( my first one),but it is not in very good shape at all.
Just enough detail to ID it.. no date.
Yours in in very good shape and with the date to boot.. congradulations!!!
Nice bell also!!