Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got a pair of ladies

grunt0311

!800 & 1803..1942 merc. 2 silver rings 1919 wheatie and flat button..All in a two hour hunt..think I found a great spot..!!

Love the 1800 coin. Minted only a year after the death of our first president, how cool is that ? Congrats !!

VERY nice coins you got there, a dream day for anybody. As far as grading? My "Red Book" only goes to EF-40, I guess the quality control wasn't up to todays standards 200 years ago. I think

its easily a VF-20 but possibly a EF-40 from what I can see. (but what do I know?) I'd be tickled to even see a date!

On the 1800 there is a die break just to the left of the date and hair curls and also shows in same area on the reverse.
My question is does this abnormal break make this coin more valuable? I have heard that collectors are looking for
these type of errors. If this is the case than grading and coming up with a value for this coin becomes a little more difficult.
Looking for ideas from any of the colonial collectors.

Those are some really nice coins grunt wtg!!

You shouldn't have to think you found a good spot lol YOU DID! Amazing detail on the coin.

Beautiful coins. Keep in mind that this is only an asking price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1800-S-202-R-4-Draped-Bust-Large-Cent-Coin-1c-/251461042841?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item3a8c3f0299

A hot spot for sure!! Sure wish we could find those type of ladies out here on the west coast, but like my dad use to say, "wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up the fastest." HH.

Eddie