Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got a Quattro coming...

Daniel Tn

Okay guys, been lurking and reading what you have to say about the Quattro. I have one on the way and it has the 10 inch coil. I'm not a fan of 10 inch coils so I am already looking at getting a smaller coil for it. Which one would be my best bet for depth and target seperation? I've saw the Excellerator 8" and the SunRay X8 and both look good and are priced about the same. I really prefer 8" coils over 10 inch ones although the 10s are nice to have in case they are needed.

I have read and reread Andys field test on the Quattro. It sounds promising for this TN and GA dirt. His test said he dug Civil War bullets some 12 inches in some iron trash and such. That is pretty good depth for around here. I'd be tickled to death if my Quattro matches that. I've noticed that the majority of you guys hunt beaches. I'll not be doing any of that...except for an occasional fresh water beach in the winter months but most of my hunting is going to be on land for war relics and occasional coins.

Any advice or tips? Andy's book is coming with the detector so I'm looking forward to getting it in and reading the book, and most importantly, taking the Quattro out for a stretch of the legs.

I'm really excited for you Daniel. I think you're on the right track, and Andy is the guy for Quatro. I would definitly read his book Mastering the Quatro, and re-read it if you need to. I have, and he gets into some important stuff called cross saving that the Minelab owners manual doesn't even touch on. Very important for the audio aspect of things. I think you'll get that depth you're talking about, because I believe I have and I think Andy is a straight shooter. One more little thing. I do hunt a lot of beaches but I still hunt parks too, but I just wanted to say that the Quatro seems to do very well in salted or mineralized sand or dirt. I had big problems with other detectors at the beach with black sand, but very little with Quatro. I only had a l i t t l e falsing, as they call it, a few times, but when I used the "noise cancel" button, it seemed to do the trick. Most of the time I can go right under neath the water with the coil in salt water and not have any problems. I'm saying all this in case you run into any iron infested soil like I think you might have in Tennessee.
At any rate, welcome to the Quatro club and hope to here more from you about you're experience with your new Quatro. Marc Trainor.