Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got a Simplex a few weeks ago….

Dawgg1953

Cant seem to get it to run quiet and diggin’ alot of trash. Using the stock round coil. I have not tried the smaller one yet. Running in the park 1 & 2 and still not too good. Will take any and all info I can get. I’m reading and looking at videos and I hope to figure it out soon. I know one thing though it also does not like a Garrett pinpointer either !

Thanks
Dawgg

Last edited:
I definitely agree on the Garrett pinpointer comment.

Not sure what to suggest on chatter other then do a frequency shift and select the quietest channel and get a good ground balance. Except in close proximity of power lines and school building, I can most often run sen. wide open, but usually 6 bars as the 7th is quite sparky. Might do a reset and also double check your coil wire connection is snug/tight. Good luck, its a grand detector. HH jim tn

Cant seem to get it to run quiet and diggin’ alot of trash. Using the stock round coil. I have not tried the smaller one yet. Running in the park 1 & 2 and still not too good. Will take any and all info I can get. I’m reading and looking at videos and I hope to figure it out soon. I know one thing though it also does not like a Garrett pinpointer either !

Thanks
Dawgg

Quick Press lower left button once
Turns off speaker. Just don't forget to turn it back on when you start again. Otherwise you'll swear it's running Sooo quiet.
Mine was always a little twitchy with the factory coil.
Turn the sensitivity down a bit.
Cell phones, wifi,cell towers. Any source of RF noise will aggravate it and most other machines.
WiFi is the worst for me. 300-500ft from any home running it.
Your cell phone transmits at least every 15 seconds. Keeps cking up with the cell towers.
Metal detectors are highly tuned transmitters and receivers.
After loading 2.77 software and putting the SP 24 coil on. Now it's Smooth as Silk.
Power lines and underground lines carrying any voltage are frustrating as well. Worse with some of my other machines.
Good Luck.

Sorry high the post button. I run the 2.78 upgrade. Using the wireless head phones set on 1 block, ground balance, Park 2 mode,iron 1 block, sensitivity full most the time, and the sp 24 coil. Then go down 2 blocks if need be on sensitivity. If that doesn't work, notch the first 2 blocks of discrimination. You could here some noise in back ground, but the Simplex will hammer target hard, so I run it hot. Hope this helps. HH CG

Thanks
Dawgg
You probably have electrical wires underground or overhead. Run in Park 1 change the frequency on your detector and don't run full sensitivity

Thanks
Dawgg
Could you post some pics of the surrounding area.
Help us to identify any possible interference.