Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got an hour in after work today

A

Anonymous

Okay, I decided to go back to the spot I found the buttons yet again. Unfortunately, I didn't score any more of the 62nd regiment buttons, but I did manage a few finds.
I dug these identical old metal 4 hole buttons....no clue how old they are, are what type of clothing they are from!? Soldiers?! Who knows. Perhaps some of you might. They were dug not more than 10 feet from the 62nd regiment buttons I found there.
Also dug up this little buckle of sorts. Not too exciting.
Then I found this strange thin metal (copper) cross shaped piece. For some reason I have in my head it's something to do with ammo. Something I've seen before!? I dunno. I have no clue *hahah* Any thoughts?
I was pretty excited when I pulled the next item from the dirt. It looks to me like a bone domino or something. In fact, I was certain that's what it was...then I got it home and cleaned it up, and noticed the small copper/brass pin of sorts that goes through the center of it. Not sure what this was for. As you can see in the pics, there are two partially drilled, or sunken holes (which do not come close to going all the way through)...and there is a line down the center of the piece. It measures approx. 1.5" x 3/4" Can anyone help me out on this!? I have no clue what the heck it is or how old it is! I guess I'm lucky the copper pin is in there or I wouldn't have picked it up on the detector.
Lastly, I found this large metal object...it has two holes where it was attached to something, and looks like some sort of lever or selector for height or something. Anyone know what the heck this thing is? I found it about 50 feet from the other stuff I've found...so I'm not sure if it's associated. It looks later to me.
Let me know your thoughts guys...link to pics below
Wess

Seems like I've seen similar tools but could not tell the size of yours. It should have a long wooden handle and might have been used to roll logs or handle them as they were floated down a river. Just a guess. therick

Wess, The bone object is a domino. The pin through it would have held the back half on, which was probably made of wood and either rotted away or fell off. Nice finds! HH Dale