Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got clipped at the Barber shop.:ranting:

Hi fellows. Haven't posted in over a month and it was sure nice to get out and swing a coil yesterday. I'm sore as heck today and being out of shape is not the word. Had a combined two club hunt yesterday at the UW and the weather was great. No rain and we even got a little sunshine about noon. My buddy Lee and I headed out together and it wan't 15 minutes and he comes walking over and shows me his 1928 merc dime. He said he hates to find silver so early in the hunt as it usually is an omen that it will be slim pickings the rest of the day. Well, he was right as it was the only silver he found besides a small silver pendant. I think he got one wheatie also. Well, about ten minutes after Lee found his merc I dug up a 47 rosie that had been clipped by a lawnmower. A while later we moved across the street and started working this other grassy area and I dug up a 1901 Barber dime. I had to go over and show Lee and asked him what are the chances of lightening striking twice. He looked at me kind of strange and I dropped my Barber dime in his hand. Yep, it also had been clipped by a lawnmower and a first for me to find two clipped silver dimes in one day. Thank God she didn't have a S mint mark.:clapping: Would have been nice to have found a whole one, but you gotta take what the good old earth gives you. Only two almost whole silver coins for the day and I also got six wheaties dated 41, 44, 45, 57 and two 58"s. It was nice to get out again and as always fun to be with my good friend Lee. Thanks for looking fellows and a very Happy New Year to everyone and may 2013 be a good year for all of us. HH.

Eddie

Good stuff Eddie !

Happy New Year !!:cheers:

Nice hunt Eddie...and congrts on the 2 "clippers".:beers:
I don't thjink I've heard of anyone finding 2 in one hunt.:thumbup:

Way to go, Eddie! You and Lee both dug a little silver -- that's great. I've never seen a "clipped" Barber coin before; my thinking always was that those were dropped back when grass wasn't mowed with electronic equipment as much as it is now, so not that much chance of finding them hit by mower blades...but maybe not?

Good job, and Happy New Year to you, Eddie!

Steve

Congrats on the nice finds! - Jim