Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got fed up with my Lesche sheath....and did it right

MT_VertCaver

WHY would anyone(WITH digging experience) build a sheath for a good tool....that collects dirt/mud??????

I fixed mine. It no longer has the "mud build up".

After today's hunt...no dirt ball.:surprised::detecting::clapping:

I agree. A couple years back, after getting tired of the dirt build up and the serrated blade of my Lesche getting snagged on the cordura sheath, I bought a leather pliars pouch, clipped of the bottom and have never looked back! HH Randy

[attachment 213414 leatherleschepouch.jpg]

I use the Nite-ize pliers holster clipped to my Blackhawk military duty belt. The holster also offers some additional places to put "stuff" i.e. cell phones, flashlights and keys.

Just so you know...I do NOT own an upholstery sewing machine. It's a Kenmore from the early 70's. Yes...it needed a little "helping hand" from me to go through that plastic.

But to be honest....I was SO fed up...I would have used the sewing awl.

I use a 2 gallon plastic bucket. It holds everything especially the junk cans.
I am balanced while detecting, works for me....

Not only did I have the same problem as you with the mud balls, but after wearing out two lesche sheathes and an aftermarket sheath, I decided to make one out of PVC.
Below are the results... I'll never wear this one out and don't have to worry about mud balls in the bottom of it.. just flip it up side down and the dirt falls right out.
Also, I don't have to worry about missing the opening when resheathing the digger and due to the way it keeps the digger away from my clothes, no danger is snagging or getting dirt or mud on my clothing while detecting.
Might not be pretty, but it works for me,
Felix