Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got it ! LRP arrived, works great

The LRP works really good, glad I got one.

After I ordered the LRP, I then decided to check out the various forums in order to get up to speed before it arrived. I wanted to hit the field running so I read all the posts and studied the on-line manual. Having had a Euro Tek Pro, I felt this unit would be similar, and it is, except the LRP has more options to better configure the unit to your own liking.

I have about 10 hrs on the LRP now and would like to share my observations on the 'jumpy numbers' or lack of lock on targets. I was really concerned after reading all about it.

I find the numbers jump just as expected they should. The unit responds very FAST and in doing so it reports exactly what it sees, as it sees it. Let me ask.... has anyone ever found a dirty coin, and then held it up to identify it? Then rotate it trying to get an idea what it may truly be? Ah, its an Indian Head penny! But wait you turn it over and now it looks it might more likely be a wheat cent. Maybe you move it into the light and determine that its an 1895 penny BUT then you move it some more, maybe change the angle some and realize its a 1995 instead. Same thing is happening as the coil sweeps past the coin. Many factors come into play here. The angle at which the coin is resting in the ground, the angle of the coil to the coin, the speed of the coil, the consistency of the height the coil is held over the ground as its swept over the coin on its back and forth motion as well as how consistent the sweep speed is. There are a lot of variables going on at the same time.

Same thing is going on with this detector, except THIS unit and others like it, meaning FAST responding ones, are reporting really quick, jumping to conclusions many times a second, and telling you what it sees, hence looking jumpy/unstable to the user.

This will be difficult to explain, but here goes......

Another reason the LRP and other fast responding detectors may appear jumpy-ier than detectors you have used in the past could be this reason...... the metal detector someone is/was accustomed to, that had numeric target ID, and its target ID range for example was 1-25 total, means that the stability on that other possibly older unit would seem 4 times better than the LRP because the LRP reports numeric ID in the range of 1-99 which is 4 times larger(4 times jumpier). In other words, if a nickel had a numeric ID of '5' on the 'other' detector, what it really means on the LRP is that this same nickel could possibly id this same coin a couple numbers under or above where the nickel normally reads and still be a nickel id. in other words, a nickel on the LRP might read a 37 or a 35,36,37,38. The ID on the LRP is 4 times more granular than a target ID from a unit that has an id range of 1-25. I sure hope I didnt lose anyone with this explanation because I about lost myself on this one.

One last thing I'd like to mention. When I am out detecting, I rarely look at the meter. I also go by repeatability and sound first. If the sound is repeatable and if it repeats in more than one direction, THEN I glance at the meter. The LRP has variable tones and this in itself provides info as to what range a target might be in. When I do look at the display, I first check the guesstimated depth and then I also raise the coil while sweeping to see how high I can raise the coil before losing the target response. Then, lastly I check the numeric ID. No matter what the numeric ID says, if the target repeats, sounds good, sounds small, appears deep I am digging it.

Bottom line is, I like this unit, i made some good finds before a club meeting yesterday and main thing is, I had a great time.

Have a great day,

Tony

I'm glad you like it, Tony. It is a well designed detector with all the options one needs and is deep and fast recovering as well. Any problems that I have had seem to be intermittent. Just keep an eye out and see if it detects the same each outing. If it does, I may just have one that I need to send in to check. I am Phantasman on TNet and have posted many help features on the LRP under the Bounty Hunter threads.

Hey Dan-

You have been putting a lot of effort into helping us new LRP users become successful, thanks.

I have read quite possibly every LRP posting out there, you have a bunch of em!

Hope your wife is getting better every moment.

Tony

Thanks Tony. Wife is getting stronger each day.

Glad I could be of assistance. I am impressed with both the LRP and QDP. Definitely sleepers. I plan on doing some video's during the Spring/Summer.