Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

got me one

ironarmknives

i'll be reading this site some now that i have my ATX on the way … does the iron check work ….. i'll be using it at the beach…and dessert for gold … i have a excalibur now … i just want to know if the iron check works and do i loose lots if i discriminate iron….

The iron check does work, however, it has it's limitations based on the size of the iron and it's depth. It saves me a lot of digging.

If you use it at the beach you should try not ground balancing it, you will get more depth, you can see proof of this on Youtube, just search "ATX more depth." You lose stability but if you're skilled enough to swing while keeping the coil level to the sand, you're gonna be pulling some deep coins...

ironarmknives said:
i'll be reading this site some now that i have my ATX on the way … does the iron check work ….. i'll be using it at the beach…and dessert for gold … i have a excalibur now … i just want to know if the iron check works and do i loose lots if i discriminate iron….

Hi ironarmknives...

The thread below from June 2014 has some good info about the Iron Check feature....

ATX Tones

If you don't GB on some beaches you will not find any gold !! You must GB on any beach witch is Heavy with Black sand also remember this ( for 1000 drops of salt water you have 1 drop of pure GOLD.) Don't GB see what happens ,then GB and go over the same area again and see what the differents is. You tube isn't always wright !!

junklord3139 said:
If you don't GB on some beaches you will not find any gold !! You must GB on any beach witch is Heavy with Black sand also remember this ( for 1000 drops of salt water you have 1 drop of pure GOLD.) Don't GB see what happens ,then GB and go over the same area again and see what the differents is. You tube isn't always wright !!

When you perform a Ground Balance you lose depth ... Period!!

I never Ground Balance my AT Pro and I only Ground Balance my ATX when it will not run quiet in highly mineralized wet sand and saltwater.

With light mineralization, I only Ground Balance just enough to run quiet while swinging. I do not pump the coil during the Ground Balance procedure until the Ground Balance procedure is quiet. I have found on some beaches with light mineralization, I only need to Ground Balance part way and the ATX will run quiet while swinging.

Ground Balance has nothing to do with finding Gold or any other metal ... Period!!

Just Saying!! :)

If GB has nothing to do with finding GOLD, then why do they put it on your detector ?? I have seen Black Sand so bad that if you put a Gold nugget in it you won't find it even when you could see it.. I been hunting longer than most people on this site and GB has a lot to do with finding targets.!! So you keep thinking that way and other digger will go wright behind you digging up Targets you miss !!!

I think GB is not that critical for PI detectors .. but it will quiet down the threshold.

For me...I like and use GB because it's easier to hear the softer, deeper targets with that quiet threshold.

I've seen and been impressed with that YouTube video ... but I really hate to dig so deep anyway.

Joe (California)

junklord3139 said:
If GB has nothing to do with finding GOLD, then why do they put it on your detector ?? I have seen Black Sand so bad that if you put a Gold nugget in it you won't find it even when you could see it.. I been hunting longer than most people on this site and GB has a lot to do with finding targets.!! So you keep thinking that way and other digger will go wright behind you digging up Targets you miss !!!

The purpose of the ground balance function is to cancel out the magnetic particles (iron) and grains of iron in the soil or sand to make your detecting experience more enjoyable. Whenever you cancel out anything whether using the ground balance or using the discrimination you lose overall depth.

If I run my VLF wide open in all metal mode, including no ground balance, in the wet mineralized saltwater conditions, even with a constant faint iron sound, I can still hear all medium to high tone targets through the constant iron sound to the max depth of the machine. If I ground balance and/or use discrimination to cancel out all the iron sound, I am lucky to hear a target more than 4". I find the same is true with electrical interference as far a hearing medium to high tone targets through all that constant chatter. But constantly hearing iron and electrical noise drives you frigging nuts after about 15-minutes. That is why I purchased an ATX.

With the ATX, I can still hear targets through a contestant he-haw of mineralized saltwater wet sand with the machine, but I like the machine to run quiet, so I do ground balance some until the machine runs quiet, but not necessarily a full ground balance because I want to maximize as much depth as possible and still run quiet.

And like Joe said ... Run quiet to hear those faint deep whispers.

i need to sell mine i have 7 days until i can post for sale you would think the mod would let 7 days slide but no………..so in 7 days i'll put my add up …...