Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got my 11" coil today!

samandnoah

Thought I'd post since I know there's lots of general interest and excitement about the new coil. Looks great, and comes with a lower shaft to make switching out a breeze (don't forget to register the new coil in the controller!).

I only had about 45 minutes with it. Spent most of it in my usual trashy park, and a few minutes in my front yard. Here's what I can report:

* All of the vdi readings appeared to be exactly the same by frequency (so I got 80 for a zinc penny @ 12 kHz and 59 @ 4 kHz)
* It looks big, but as others have said doesn't really feel out of balance or heavy. Much more pleasant to use than the 13" coil. ;)
* Pinpointing felt the same as well, and I had no issues.
* Definitely seems to go deeper, not that I dug anything deep, but in my front yard I was getting A) more signals, B) louder signals, C) and I think more separation. What I mean by that is that in a few spots I believe I would get 1 signal, and now I believe that there are 2 objects there, and I was now getting 2 signals where I thought there was only one target. Did not have the time to check with the other coil, but I've been over my front yard many, many times.

I'm looking forward to spending more quality time with this coil soon. Looking forward to reading others' feedback and results.

Take care,
Rich

I just reread my post, and I want to clarify the "more separation" statement. I don't mean to imply truly better separation because we know that the Deus has great separation. I think what I was experiencing was 2 targets that are near each other but separated by DEPTH. So on the 9" coil, I'd hear the shallower target. Now with this coil I am getting signals for 2 targets because one is actually deeper. That's just a hypothesis. I do know that I was definitely getting more signals in my front yard. Unfortunately, they still all seem like iron. ;) But, I will definitely go dig up one of those spots where I am now hearing 2 targets and see the relative locations of the targets.
Rich