Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got my 11". First hunt

pulltabMiner

Took the Deus with the new 11" coil to my deep silver park at lunch today. In particular, I wanted to try two spots in this park:

1) At spot one, I got many coins in the last two years but the spot went dry this Summer. I found two wheats there today.

2) At spot two, I have gotten very few signals in the past. The spot is large and for the most part, has been devoid of signals. I figured this was because it is the oldest part of the park and things have just sank beyond the reach of the 9" coil. Today, the spot became as trashy and loud as any other part of the park. I dug up a few signals, mostly bottle caps. All the bottle caps I dug were very flat and very rusted and all starting at 6 inches and deeper. I don't know why the 9" didn't register them.

The coil is very light. It adds very little weight to the unit. The Deus felt nice and balanced after I put it on.
Separation, as reported by others, is very good. I was picking individual signals with it from a sea of trash with no problem.
I love that I can cover more ground now without sacrificing target separation. Now I can go back to gridding spots at the park
It is deeper. I got VDI on targets that were showing very little on the horse shoe.

I suspect that this will now be my main coil.

Thanks for posting your feedback and initial thoughts on the 11". Congrats on the Wheaties in the "dry spot" and finding targets in the old quiet spot. I know what you mean. What I've come to realize in the last 24 hours is that the softball field in the trashy park seems to have a carpet of iron shreds/shrapnel in a very large area at a depth I'm not certain of, but probably in the 6" - 7" range. This is an old park, but this area really hasn't given up anything old, not even a wheatie. My hypothesis is that they brought in some dirt at some point to cover the old diamond, Lots of old small pieces of fencing at 3" - 6". So now I can hear it, and find the occasional target in and among it. Still nothing exciting to report, but I have a much better understanding of what I've been experiencing in the past in this particular section.

I'm sure you'll have some gems to share soon enough! Looking forward to seeing them. Enjoy!
Rich

Only had a chance to test it in my yard on buried coins. Easily detected an 8" dime with VDI.
Looking forward to getting out this weekend to give it a run in an area that I cleaned out pretty good with the 9" coil in the spring.
No freeze and thaw or plow put to the field since then so it will be a good test.