Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

got my 4x6

Downdeep

My 4x6DD showed up today, extra rod and hardware, just in time for my Christmas present to myself. Now I just need to wait for the foot of snow to melt and the ground to thaw. :surrender:

hey I got mine when I got my V3 love it some time in good soil I get 6 to 7 inch I use it all the time in park and play ground good hunting and good find

Thanks!

Question, am I to expect a lower gain recommendation with a smaller coil? I did put it on and walk out in the yard to a bare spot and did a recommended gain test in the air and got 5 and then on the ground and got 4. 10"DD in the same spot gives me 15 in the air and 8 on the ground.

Threw a quarter down and was able to pick it up at about 7-8" with a higher than recommended gain and at about 12" with tx boost turned on. For the two minutes I had it outside playing with it, it seems to run quieter than the 10"DD

I run mine about 6 to 8 some time the here ground run about-89 to -93 good so far try to run my dic and all metal a little high if I can some time got to back off the gain a little not a a lot of noise here were I live

how are your recommended settings with the 4x6 vs the 10dd?

I did find in that brief test that I was able to run it up past recommended.........

can run it high than 10dd I run it up till it start making a lot noise than start back off a little at a time mine run better in some place than other I use 5 high or 5 filter and go real slow I like to hunt slow

I have had my 4x6 for around 7 months and it does a great job in trashy areas. I am able to run in boost with motion sensitivity around 92 non motion sensitivity at 75 and Rx at 10. I also use 7 Ban Pass filter setting or somerimes 2 Ban Pass if I really want to hunt slow. Depth is outstanding excess of 7" is normal. My ground usually reads around -92 indicating iron mineralization but the concentration of mineralization is quite low. Best of luck with your new coil.

Jerry Murphy