Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got my AT Pro back from Garrett and got the sniper too. Done a quick video.

Bill_S

Got the detector back from Garrett today. Good turn around time. I sent it in last Tuesday and got it back today. Don't know what all they did exactly but it seems to have quieted it down. I know the coil was replaced too. Got the sniper coil and thought I would do a short video on it. Just shot this real quick when I got home. Only meant to give you and idea on depth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDV_kPnr2CI

Thanks for posting that. I'm curious how this same detector does with the standard coil. do you have any comparison numbers?

Thanks! - Kayaker

Bill_S said:
What do you mean comparison numbers. Like the target ID numbers?
Hi Bill. Sorry that wasn't clear. I just meant the air test depth/distance numbers. I'm wondering if you lose much depth with the smaller sniper coil.

7 inches plus......I need a refund then. It was doing good to get 6 inches on all targets with almost max sens. To be honest it is not really that good. Without going into detail the other detectors I have with small coils will blow this one away in the depth department by several inches at least. But thats why I have other detectors. I plan on keeping and using the AT Pro but I am just telling it like it is. Cant wait to hit some of the swimming holes with it.

Hi Bill. Sorry that wasn't clear. I just meant the air test depth/distance numbers. I'm wondering if you lose much depth with the smaller sniper coil.

Seems like you could lose up to 4 inches or more. I will have to do some more testing.

Maybe it don't work as well on the PRO. On my 250 it's good for seven inches easy, especially in bark chips. Have you tried it in all modes? Other users have remarked about the unusual depth of it. I haven't got one yet but have asked Garrett to send me one.

Bill

Bill

The batteries were at full charge.......I think there is another potential problem I will post a new thread.

Bill_S said:
7 inches plus......I need a refund then. It was doing good to get 6 inches on all targets with almost max sens. To be honest it is not really that good. Without going into detail the other detectors I have with small coils will blow this one away in the depth department by several inches at least. But thats why I have other detectors. I plan on keeping and using the AT Pro but I am just telling it like it is. Cant wait to hit some of the swimming holes with it.

Bill, Just want to say that I know you tested the ATpro sniper against the Omega with it's small coil. I too a couple of years ago had an F Fisher with the same small coil. I sold it because I didn't like the way the Fisher's small coil threw out it's field of detection. Here's why and maybe you can test this.? With the Ace 250 and Sniper combo I can get right next to the steel supports, fencing and rebar in tot lots and such. Yes, at close range I would drop the sens to 1 or 2 bars when working right next to steel. But with the Fisher 4 inch coil even at the lowest sens setting I could only get to about 8 inches of the steel. The field of the Garrett Sniper coils goes just about strait down. While the Fisher coil was way too hot off the edges to get close to metal. I have found a lot of stuff right next to the steel and the Fisher couldn't hunt with the Garrett. I was just wondering if you have tried a test like this?