Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got my CZ-20 back from service and ...

ElginTim

Worky-worky! Cool, as my luck these past few weeks has been spiraling downward awfully and I've had several complaints about the service info I've gotten on this machine, but it's all for naught now.

Went to the sledding hill this morning and hit the ice at the bottom. Coins and other items suspend in the ice at various depths and this makes a great sort of test garden as you can often see the items lodged and play with your controls a lot. Only about 6" of ice remain but there were a few clads and some trash in there. This kind of hunt requires low sens to minimize the items under the ice and ground beneath it from getting in the way. But once located, you can crank up the knobs and do a fine field air test with your machine.

First quarter was about 2" down and air tested out to over 12" repeatably, but at the higher end of repeatably (14") the coil needed to be angled a bit. A zinc cent about three inches down came in about an inch less than the quarter. A dime was down about 5" and there was lots of trash in the ground around it so the target separation capabilites of the CZ line came in quite handy as I raised the coil to 10" still getting a good repeable signal. I lost out to the trash after that however. No gold or silver today, and it was still pretty chilly and my digits insisted I go home until it warms a bit this afternoon.

Got a couple playgrounds under construction that have been held up until the warmer weather gets here, so it's off to those in a couple hours and hopefully an oldie or two.

Nice stiff turns on the knobs, the new style pp works great and my chilled fingers did appreciate that you no longer have to hold the pp button down. Think I'll remember to take the gloves this afternoon.

HH