Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got My E-Trac last week,and 2day had to buy a bigger digger

McNickle

[size=medium]I am just getting used to it,the only ML I ever owned is a XT-70 purchased 2 years ago.This one is a hole new ball game.My new diggin buddy (GOIO)has showed me up every time (silver) with his SE.Just 3 weeks ago he said he had ordered an E-Trac. I told him if he could hit just 2 silvers in my test garden I would order one as well.Two years ago I buried 2 gold rings,3wb cents 3 IH cents ,an 1864 3cent very worn, 2 buffs,two V nickles,a S.B. Anthony $,4 silver dimes, and 3 worn SL Quarters ,ascending in conductivity from gold to silver 3"-12".I buried them in an established line in my back yard.I mapped it in the back of an old note book,and have lost the notebook Daaa.
I did not even clear the Ground of other targets,and there seem to be allot of iron and pull tabs in my back yard.I have not been able to find more than a few of the wb cents and the 1864 3 cent,and one dime since I buried them.
My test garden in my back yard is under phone lines and in fairly high mineralized ground.At the beginning of the silvers I buried at 5-6" some on edge N-S some E-W ,some with pull tabs 4-6" away.And I graduated down towards the alley (4') from directly under the lines. At that spot I buried 3 worn silver SL Quarters 10" on edge E-W,10" on Edge N-S,and the last one at 12" flat....with a pull tab 6" on one side ,and a square tab 6" on the other side of the Quarter.I also buried a S.B. Anthony $ @ 10" by the bird bath 20' from the phone lines. Three weeks ago when (GOIO) attempted to find these,he looked at the power lines in my yard and just laughed.He said ,"you do like a challenge don't you L.O.L.?".He searched the line and seemed to have located a deep dime, the 12" SLQ ,and the S.B. Anthony $ @ 10" rang up loud ! I went in to get a beer,and when I came back out,he was 20' away from the test garden saying "here is another silver at 6-7",and another over here.
I could not get a peep from any of my other detectors (except for my old Compass Gold scanner Pro w/12" coil,and even then it has only one tone,and would not correctly TID any deeps.So when (GOIO) let me hear what he located with his SE..I ordered the E-Trac.I figured it would be as least as deep,and I liked the more user friendly layout.
I was always curious about what to set (in my yard) my sens to on my detectors,and now I know. I put MY E-Trac (on) Auto sens and it goes from 11 to 14,so I added +3 to Auto. I am going to clean the trash along that line (when I get my sun ray X-1 PP next week,and maybe the targets will come in better.If they don't.I will have to dig the line and rebury shallower.
[/size]

[size=x-large][size=x-large][size=large]Since getting skunked last weekend,by a (GOIO) with his SE,(5 WB cents 3 IH cents and 2 mercs, and Tracy borrowed his E-Trac,and found 2 WB cents and a 1924D SL Quarter in VF shape.I hunted an old school yard That has been torn down.I only found some mems at 4-5" a costume jewelry kids ring ,and a 45 WB cent at about 6". I am only looking to dig 43+ conductivity,and especially if it is 5+ "to keep up with them THIS Weekend. I was getting worn out with the Letch tool,so I went to Ace hardware,and bought a 2' gardening shovel L.O.L.
I can't wait 2 get my X-1 Probe,man that and my 2' gardening tool are going to save ALLOT of time. HH
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]

n/t