Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got my LTD 2 upgraded back today as well.

I sent mine in a week or 2 ago and it just got here via FedX. It was a used black LTD I bought a couple of years ago from someone on here and he and myself didn't use it much due to the chattiness of it even with it turned down.
Now it' a 01 15 14 01 24 and when I assembled it it looks like a new control housing or parts in it due to a smaller switch under it and a new arm cuff and possibly a new battery compartment with on off switch. I don't remember mine being this hard and good of an on/off click. They even sent back my 4 batteries with it and a new owners manual and new coil bolts and 2 new red coil rubber washers with an addendum saying to use both these new washers in the lower rod ends for the coils. They work great.

Turned machine on and it's quiet in the house YEAH!! I can't wait to give her some time at sites I've hunted with other machines and see how she does.
I saw in another post UNDRPAR got his back with same 01 15 14 numbers and he did some air testing and got really good numbers for DIS and AM with it so I will assume mine should be just as good too and no mama in pin pointing which works as it's supposed to.

Hope all of you get your machines working as well back too for all concerned.
The no's Jan 15 2014 are the first groups of number sets when you turn the machine on and the last sets 01 24 are the actual serial no. of my machine I suppose?

Seems to be the case. Look underneath the battery box for a the new serial sticker. I also get the letters "LE" Limited Edition?

Good hunting.

Mine was already a LTD Black edition so was fairly new when I got it used. Must have been a 2012 or 2013 model. My sticker under the battery box just has the numbers on it and ElPaso Texas.
Yours may not have been a LTD and was just a regular F75 and they gave it the full upgrade with Boost process conversion added like mine, hence the added LE on your sticker Charlie.

By chance is your last name Wilson??

Nope - Pearsall

Mine was a 2007 (first year out). Box says "Special Edition" but the detector just says "F" on the display head border and the decals are the winged F. Gold shaft. No model number on it, even.

Like a new detector now. Quiet - I just hope it is as sensitive as it used to be.

HPIM1351_zpsbb3a0766.jpg

EtracTom-AdirondacksNY said:
I saw in another post UNDRPAR got his back with same 01 15 14 numbers and he did some air testing and got really good numbers for DIS and AM with it so I will assume mine should be just as good too and no mama in pin pointing which works as it's supposed to.

I wouldnt assume that...Mine has same dates with no mamma bug yet the all metal is terrible on depth...Hope you have a good one tho.

Ste

I guess I'll have to check it out.

Could be the way you set it up and where it was when you tested it.

Threshold level, bp mode in all metal or not, ground setting, using headphones to test or not, etc. too many variables. This is why I think some are getting different readings than others.

They from Fisher got on a post and explained why and it was due to the older boards not being compatible with the newer softwareupdate. That is why the earlier 11 and 12's were asked to be sent back again because it got figured out.
My whole control head is different so they replaced something in it and I think it's s newer board.

I knew a fellow named Charlie Wilson from western N.Y. who owned a metal detector shop is why I asked.

Sooooo FT cannot tell if a machine has an "old board" BEFORE they install the update,can't tell that "it didn't take"or just maybe CHECK the machine Before returning to owner?????????? NaaaaaaaaaaH, makes too much sense to do this. I D I O T S.

Before you call them a name read all the posts in all the different people's catagories of posting not just mine before judging so hastily.

When the upgrade was first offered there were older machines apparently with older original circuit boards from all these years that the machine has been out on the market from the gold version to camo to black LTD's and they wouldn't know had this problem being after being upgraded because the the newer machines then ones that were just coming out it wasn't know of the new black LTD2's. Once it was figured out and the reason why they then had the first couple of months of detectors that were upgraded Nov's and Dec's, asked to be sent back to install the newer circuit board from the new machines to make things right. Now these machines are the same as a new LTD2.

At least it was found out quickly and made right with upgrading to the new circuit boards to correct the problem at their expense!!

What with the NEW machines being manufactured and a couple of new different machines coming to the market and all this upgrading of these older machines all occuring at the same time to me that is an enormous undertaking right there.
No body's perfect we all make mistakes and I'm sure you have too!!

Arent there brand new machines with the issues though? How old are the circuit boards that have problems?

digsgti said:
Arent there brand new machines with the issues though? How old are the circuit boards that have problems?

I've not heard of any brand new machines with issues, unless they were one offs.

I did see a post or two about new machines that sounded like they got beat up in shipping or what not, that's not really a FT issue.

Only issues wers from the machines they already had in stock with last years circuit boards..they didnt know they wasnt compatible til after the fact.. None of the new ones had issues.

Cal_Cobra said:
digsgti said:

I've not heard of any brand new machines with issues, unless they were one offs.

I did see a post or two about new machines that sounded like they got beat up in shipping or what not, that's not really a FT issue.

I bought a brand new machine....Had the mama pinpoint issue, wasn't stellar on the air tests and the screen was flopping around in the housing. Sent it back to FT. They sent me another new one. I asked for this one to be fully tested/calibrated prior to shipping. This new one Air tests OK in disc mode, it will give a repeatable tone at 16" on a nickel in disc. In All Metal mode it is flat out anemic. 10" on a nickel, everything else 9 to 9.5" And yes...I tried all levels of threshold in AM, from -2 to +9. Everything tested with 11" coil, 99 sens, BP switched to AM.

Strike TWO.....

I'm still waiting on a response from Fisher regarding the All Metal modes numbers.

Kenny

you say your AM mode is anemic? Are you going by air test numbers, or actual in the ground results? Depending on the matrix......your actual in ground AM depth may be better than you think. Just curious.
(FYI)...... All metal in every F75 I have owned (and still own) is generally a softer response than Disc mode. Still goes pretty much the same depth as Disc, but a softer more muted response.
I only use AM in poor ground though, as BP, 99 sens, 0 disc easily gets as good depth, but with discrimination in normal soil.

NE Digger,

Yes...those numbers above are from an air test. I am basing my information off of useable tones, not just a waiver in the threshold. The only time I chase a waiver in the threshold is chasing nuggets with the GPX 5000 :) I have read of F75's getting useable tones in AM, deeper than disc tones. I would be happy if it came anywhere close to disc modes, at 9-10" in AM it simply quits making any tones just turns into a waiver . There are numerous reports of the AM mode being weak. I'm pretty sure mine is weak. What is really disappointing is that I specifically asked FT to test and calibrate prior to shipping (2nd time), if it's not right don't ship it.

My soil is moderate to tough, 3 to 4 bar Fe (more 4 than 3). I was hoping to be able to use the AM mode to gain a little more depth over the disc mode in my ground.

To be honest, I did try it in my test garden (recently redone and re-measured, so it's disturbed). Unfortunately I did not write down my results and I slept since then so I can't give an accurate description LOL. However I can say that there wasn't anything memorable in relation to disc mode. Disc mode in my soil isn't anything to jump up and down about either. My AT Gold will hit all the targets that the F75 will hit, and neither one will hit the 10" dime in any mode.

Kenny

Kenny I'm dealing w the same issue. Bought mine new from Bart. It's a 12/14. As a side note Juan said the 12/14 had nothing to do w performance. He said it was possible to get a 12/14 w a older circuit board and still have the mama pin point and the weak AM mode. My detector is also weak in AM. My Disc mode is about 2" deeper than AM. I test mine beside a friends LTD1 and his easily beat mine. In AM his was at least 3-4" deeper than mine. Juan did tell me to send mine back in and let them check it. Haven't got around to it today. I have a friend that sent his in for a upgrade. He got it back Friday. I want to compare mine to his since I know his should be the latest greatest.

Just finished testing ours. His is a 01/15 mine is a 12/14. He got his back Friday from being upgraded. So it should have the latest software. There was absolutely no difference between his and mine.9.0 and 9.1 BP 99 sen 0 disc 2f clad quarter. Solid signal at 12". Had a signal at 13-14" but not solid. AM mode was exactly the same as disc mode. I can't understand how the AM mode isn't deeper. So I guess I won't Send mine back in because it's performing the same as one that just came back from Fisher.
I'm going to compare it to another friend that has a non updated F75 and see what the results are.