Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got my new AT Pro today and first impressions

mtdoramike

Nice machine so far and I like the different tones, but connecting both the coil cable and headphone cables were one big pain in the @$$. It took me 30 minutes just trying to get the pins lined up and the "O" rings seated to where the connector would screw on. They really should have refigured that setup and changed to the rear of the control housing.

Congrats on your new AT Pro! I agree, the headphone and coil connectors are a pain in the butt. The best way to do it in my opinion is making sure you have plenty of lighting, flipping the machine upside down at a 45 degree angle towards you so you can see the female end on the machine with ease. Once the pins line up, start tightening the collar. Once you get the hang of it, switching coils and headphones will be a lot easier. I honestly am thinking of taking my Dremel and making notches in the collars and fabricating a spanner wrench. If you leave the connectors on for a long time, sometimes dust/dirt will find its way inside the threads. I suggest cleaning the threads every so often.

Looking forward to seeing your finds and field report. HH! :)

Thanks for the info Eric, I'm hoping that the connectors will get a bit smoother to attach. I'm taking the Pro to the Islands with me to hunt in salt water wading and such and I will make sure and get some silicone grease to take with me to keep the connector "O" rings greased.

mike

Mike,
You may find that you have to check those connectors for tightness every now and then. I've had mine actually loosen and fall off so now make a habit of checking for tightness before every hunt.
Mac

Thanks for the Heads up Mac, I'm glad you mentioned this, especially since I will be using it for beach and water hunting.

mike

Remember to use the correct head phones in water. I already had my battery door plastic piece break. sent it back and it was taken care of pronto fast . I never knew how it broke along with the top cam lock cracked in two ,I recommend some sort of tie off for the detector while in the water using head phones so there isn't a lot of strain on the cord when you sifting the scoop. Garrett has great service and turn around time . The founder just passed away so I don't know how the service is going to be in the future.

I always use a pair of needle nose pliers with little teeth to tighten and loosen the connectors, Gives me a little peace of mind.