Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got my new Compadre

rarysgaard

Picked up my new Compadre yesterday! Can't wait to try it out. I got it new with the 6" coil. I am pretty much a jewelry hunter & the Compadre sounds like the ticket for finding small jewelry especially chains in high trash where i like to operate. Any tips are appreciated as i normally hunt jewelry with a screen detector.

You will love the Compadre, it is a great jewelry hunter. Set the dial to knock out a paper clip and start digging away you'll be amazed how it will hit on the smallest of jewelry items. It's a blast to use.

let us know how you get along with it

I keep the discrimination just above iron. Dig everything. You will find the jewelry. This little detector is amazing.

Thanks for the feedback. I plan on setting the discrimination just above iron as you advised. I plan on going out today for awhile & getting some time in with it.

I recomend just the opposite of popular thinking for a new detector. Set the disc. just past pulltab and eliminate 90 percent of the junk so you can cherry pick with it. Learn what a solid tone sounds like on a coin first. Then lower you disc. and you will have no problem knowing what trash sounds like.

I bought one for my nephew and ended up keeping it. Its so light and easy to use. I have hit the back yard of our hundred-year old house with every top end detector for the last three years. Found several old coins and plenty of clad.
Last weekend we took the Compadre and the CTX to the yard as I was too lazy to drive to the park.
Pulled a Jefferson nickel with the CTX (which I owe to the ability to assign the same tone to the nickel range as the tone I use for silver) but more amazingly
we nabbed a deep no-date wheatie and a clad penny with the Compadre!!
I was stunned but could not stop smiling. That yard has been emptied out, or so I thought.
Another interesting tidbit-
I am fascinated at how small bits are detected by Compadre. While learning this machine I couldn't help but notice it hits on itty bitty pieces that my probe wont even detect unless its touching them. Wow. Very impressive. Decent depth too.
Gosh darn fun machine that I wont be putting down anytime soon! I'm sure you will enjoy it too!
Rainyday101-
I like your idea. I'm going to try it.
thanks

HH

It sure is hard to put it down All my other detectors are getting dusty. I love mine all to pieces,... KEN

Rainyday101 said:
I recomend just the opposite of popular thinking for a new detector. Set the disc. just past pulltab and eliminate 90 percent of the junk so you can cherry pick with it. Learn what a solid tone sounds like on a coin first. Then lower you disc. and you will have no problem knowing what trash sounds like.

The Compadre is a great detector if the discrimination is set to reject a small nail. The other fact with this detector is.... once you start raising discrimination past foil and into the nickel range it loses depth at a pretty quick rate. It operates well in iron infested areas where the iron nails are thick and other detectors falter, it is one of my favorite old home, cellar hole, stone foundation, relic, and tot lot gold hunters.

I will never let this compadre go, I parted with my 7" one but of course I regret it, but had to narrow the machines to 3. I too dig everything and discriminate at Iron, found 2 small gold rings with it at that setting. The machine is so simple and has perfect discrimination, IMO. Good luck cant wait to hear about your finds!

The way I learned mine was to take the smallest bit of gold I was likely to find and set the disc to pick it up. For mine its about o in iron. I pit a pin mark there and almost never go above that. I started out digging every thing that beeped but now I know what its saying about 90% of the time. Good luck.