Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got my new Compadre

Got it with the small coil. Neat little detector. I took it to a playground and a park and found as much as I would with my Vaquero. Light and one knob simple. Did not like the bright white coil. The reflection was blinding me. So I found the pinpoint center, masked off a penny size circle, masked off the cable and bottom and spray painted it flat black. Now it's a pleasure to swing. Tesoro's are great machines.

Congrats on your new detector.:thumbup:

There's something special about the little Compadre. It can find things that the newer high tech detectors pass right over. It's a one knob wonder.

My necklace count went way down when I stopped using my Compadre regularly. That and me not hunting sports fields as much as I used to.

tabman

Another memder to the church. You will enjoy the compadre. It is just fun to use. It will open your eyes at what it can do. After a while, you will hear it talk to you. You will know that if it beeps, it is something good. If it beeps funny, it is junk. I am sure we are going to be seeing a lot of pictures. It might even be your main detector. Have fun with it... KEN. Ind.

I second what ken says about it might become your main detector. I use it more than my other two detectors. It is just a whole lot of fun to use. I have had mine for about 4 years now and it goes with me on almost every hunt. I hope you enjoy yours just as much.

n/t

I had my compadre in a tot lot this morning. I got a very tiny charm that will fit inside a dime and you get 9 cents change back. It is tiny. Thain I found a nice silver chain with a charm on it. I hunt in all metal. I dont want to miss anything. The tot lots in my town are so clean, you have to hunt in all metal just to find something... KEN. Ind.

Have just joined the 'Compadre' club as well,although its not arrived yet so cannot give a verdict on it yet,its a unusual machine as it has been modified by the UK Tesoro agent to accept all 5 pin coils,i have a few spare coils that i could use but it is odds on favourite going to be the 7'' coil,the plan is to carry it with me in the back of the 4x4 all the time so that i dont miss any opportunities to detect and also another backup machine.

Wont be out for a while as i have to look after my wife who is ill,but it was a total bargain that just could not be missed,will see if these are as good as folks make out they are.

Mega said:
Have just joined the 'Compadre' club as well,although its not arrived yet so cannot give a verdict on it yet,its a unusual machine as it has been modified by the UK Tesoro agent to accept all 5 pin coils,i have a few spare coils that i could use but it is odds on favourite going to be the 7'' coil,the plan is to carry it with me in the back of the 4x4 all the time so that i dont miss any opportunities to detect and also another backup machine.

Wont be out for a while as i have to look after my wife who is ill,but it was a total bargain that just could not be missed,will see if these are as good as folks make out they are.
First,, I hope your wife will get better very soon. After she gets better, You can get out with that compadre and find her a nice gold ring. It will happen. Them compadres are good at finding gold.. Good luck and have fun... KEN Ind.

tabman said:
Congrats on your new detector.:thumbup:

There's something special about the little Compadre. It can find things that the newer high tech detectors pass right over. It's a one knob wonder.

My necklace count went way down when I stopped using my Compadre regularly. That and me not hunting sports fields as much as I used to.

tabman
Come on Tabman... You need to get back in the swing of things. Get that compadre back out and find something good... KEN Ind.

@ ken ward,many thanks for the concern regarding the wife,the plan for the Compadre is to make it into a Thames foreshore machine using the 4'' coil and also use it for shallow river/ford detecting,the romans use to throw votive offerings into most water courses to please the water gods,and you can find some very nice roman finds.The big advantage of this psecif machine is the ability to use most 5 pin coils on it as it was modified away from being hard wired to the normal coil connection,which opens the machines ability up.

Well must admit that i am blown away with the little Compadre,its not ultra deep but it certainly loves small gold jewellery finds,was not expecting much but it certainly wioll earn it keep on our roman a saxon trashy sites.Have the 8'' and 4'' concentric coils and also the 7'' WS coil,should cover most of my needs.Just cannot get over how small the control box is it fits in the palm of your hand.

I can see this detector being used on a pleasent evening when the crops come off and just enjoying the scenery and enjoying detecting,and all from this small magic electronic box of tricks.

love the Compadre- it's out to get what's there. I just love the way it drags me around from find to find. Have had mine for about three months my clad count has gone up even in areas I've already dug.